You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. Unofficial GameFAQs Badges V2 Guide

User Info: ZeoKnight

ZeoKnight
1 month ago#21
Daily Tasks
In order to achieve some of the longest-time badges, you have to do the following:
* Login each day for Visitor
* Give vote to the Poll of the day for Voter
* Create a new topic for Creator
* Post in the topic for Poster
Actually there are many other badges that take years to be accomplished such as Artist, Lister, Pundit, Reviewer, Saver, Submitter and Wordsmith. You may want to fulfill their requirements if you want to achieve perfect result.

My Achievements
There are a total of 54 badges + 2 contest badges. As of my knowledge there is no one who managed to obtain all of them. My collection so far is 39 badges with 221 badge levels. Unfortunately there is no feature to know who got the most unique badge so far. In the previous guide I mentioned Keyblade999 but he went inactive since 2017 and badges are given only to users who log in after 09/01/2018.

At the time of writing I myself still miss around 15 badges excluding contest badges:
* [Gold] Answerer and [Gold] Authority: I didn't play many games so it's hard for me to answer 10 questions for 50 games.
* [Bronze] Heater, [Bronze] Queuer, [Bronze] Wisher: I prefer to add games based on my real experience.
* [Bronze] and [Silver] Artist: I had explained my reason because I'm not a good painter / mapper.
* [Bronze] and [Silver] Author: Once again I didn't play many games, let alone writing FAQs for 50 games.
* [Bronze] Lister: This one is actually possible but I don't have any idea this time.
* [Bronze] Reviewer: Same reason as Author.
* [Silver] Creator: I don't lurk around in the boards so creating topic daily is not my concern right now.
* [Bronze] Follower, [Gold] Friend, [Silver] Trendsetter: I prefer not to abuse cheats and just befriend someone who helps me in my work and other contribution.

Thank you for reading this guide. Hopefully this guide will raise your interest in collecting all badges provided by GameFAQs. If you have found any additional methods in obtaining certain badges, please post them here. I'm sorry if there are any confusing sentences and some misinformation. Have a nice day.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4
First COTM won 08/10/2018

ZeoKnight
1 month ago#22
GameFAQs implemented the first update on February 1, 2019, incorporating several new badges to the collection.

Usage - Badges awarded based on GameFAQs site usage

[Silver] Faithful: Visited 10 consecutive days
How to make progress: Simply log into your account.
Remember, you need to login successively; any time you skip will revert the progress back to zero. This task is very straightforward but takes exactly 10 days to be accomplished.

[Gold] January Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in January
[Gold] February Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in February
[Gold] March Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in March
[Gold] April Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in April
[Gold] May Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in May
[Gold] June Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in June
[Gold] July Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in July
[Gold] August Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in August
[Gold] September Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in September
[Gold] October Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in October
[Gold] November Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in November
[Gold] December Loyalist: Visited GameFAQs each day in December
How to make progress: Simply log into your account during a certain month.
Same rule as Faithful applies here. You need to log in successively in a whole month; any time you skip will revert the progress back to zero and eliminate your chance of obtaining the monthly badge in that year. This task is very straightforward but takes exactly one month to be accomplished.

Contests - Badges awarded based on entries to GameFAQs Contests

[Bronze] CBX: Entered any type of bracket into Character Battle X
[Silver] CBX Main: Finished in the Top 100 in the Character Battle X Main Bracket
[Silver] CBX Second: Finished in the Top 100 in the Character Battle X Second Chance Bracket
How to unlock: Visit GameFAQs home page https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ and Character Battle X section can be seen somewhere in the screen, but it only appears at certain period. When GameFAQs opens up this contest, simply submit your vote.
This badge is easily obtained only when the contest is available, otherwise you won't ever get the chance. Character Battle X contest was held in 2018 and until this point, there is no announcement for the possibility of recurrent contest. In this contest, users were able to give a vote every day and try to predict which one would have the most votes. Each correct prediction yielded point, and top score was achieved by correctly predicting the winner every day.

In order to obtain all trophies: you need to finish in the top 100 for both Main Bracket and Second Chance Bracket. It's purely based on luck and you have no control over it.

Thanks to this update now GameFAQs has a total of 67 badges + 5 contest badges.
First FOTM won 05/26/2017, FOTM wins/attempts: 3/4, first ROTM won 01/06/2018, ROTM wins/attempts: 1/4

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
4 weeks ago#23
Nice work!
give it a name

ZeoKnight
4 weeks ago#24
Thank you to the mods who made it sticky.

ZeoKnight
3 weeks ago#25
February Loyalist Badge got issued 12.1K times which means GameFAQs has that amount of "very" active users worldwide. This result is as expected because Poll of the Day in February also gathered more or less the same amount of votes.

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
3 weeks ago#26
You don't need an account to vote in the poll though.
give it a name
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contributors
  3. Unofficial GameFAQs Badges V2 Guide