• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Herzog Zwei
  3. Any fan of HZ will see this and be stoked

User Info: CTVector

CTVector
7 years ago#1
http://kotaku.com/5835916/airmech-looks-amazing-like-the-sequel-to-proto+rts-masterpiece-herzog-zwei-weve-always-wanted

Let's hope someone picks up the publishing rights. Blue Army is prepping for battle!
Ye who reads this is a fools folly...
http://users.ign.com/collection/Kin_Korn_Karn

User Info: funny80sguy

funny80sguy
7 years ago#2
Cool, that company is based in Seattle, which is where I live. Surely, they will be contacting me soon for the insights of the Plaid General.
Even though the hippopotamus lacks a stinger for a tail, a truly wise man would rather be sat on by a bee. ~~Banacek

User Info: HermanTuttle

HermanTuttle
7 years ago#3
Yeah, as far as fairly faithful HZ clones go, there's a good lineup now:

- That third/first-person remake some guy was working on by himself
- Guilty Gear 2
- And now this AirMech

funny80sguy
7 years ago#4
Well, I signed up on their site to alpha-test the game out, and it is pretty cool. It's taking me time to get used to the interface, but it is pretty similar to Herzog Zwei. Graphics are pretty sharp as well. I hope they make this game available on the XBox.

They are going to be setting up a forum pretty soon, so hopefully, we will be able to put in some feedback and give them a wishlist for the game.
Even though the hippopotamus lacks a stinger for a tail, a truly wise man would rather be sat on by a bee. ~~Banacek

User Info: CTVector

CTVector
7 years ago#5
Excellent! I'm doing the test as well. Played it a few times. Controls are a bit strange, but overall faithful reproduction and redux of the original HZ. Nice that you can upgrade to different units, and the army leaders appear to have some special perks.
Ye who reads this is a fools folly...
http://users.ign.com/collection/Kin_Korn_Karn

funny80sguy
7 years ago#6
My favorite part of the "Advance Game" where you battle 3 opponents is that besides the Blue and Red armies, the other two armies were Green and Yellow. I'm almost positive that one of the designers has read this board before. I just pray that one of the upgradeable colors will be either Grey or Plaid.

My second favorite part is that the motorcycles still seem to really suck and you shouldn't waste your time building them. The Airmech designers really know their Herzog Zwei.

I would ask if you want to play an online game, but you are the guy who literally wrote the book on how to beat Herzog, so I would be a fool to make the challenge.
  1. Boards
  2. Herzog Zwei
  3. Any fan of HZ will see this and be stoked
  • Topic Archived