• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Stuck on "The Final Battle!" (w/ Grit & Eagle)

User Info: LegendForce

LegendForce
9 months ago#1
Posted the following on Reddit, but it's no good. Copy-pasting:

So, I got this game on Virtual Console on the Wii-U, and managed to get through almost all of the Campaign using FatGameCat's step-by-step walkthrough (Here, because you apparently can't hotlink text on Reddit: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/471043-advance-wars/faqs/18467).

However, the walkthrough for The Final Battle! is horribly vague, basically telling me "LOL, you're on your own". I have Grit and Eagle as allies. And I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do. I mean, I've tried to adapt, plan my moves, use CO powers wisely, make the "right" units... but Sturm keeps slowly but steadily grinding me down and defeating me, no matter what tactics I try. I've been at this, failing over and over again, for DAYS.

Is there anywhere on the internet a step-by-step guide for The Final Battle!, on Normal difficulty, with Grit and Eagle as allies?

EDIT: Found this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DijC6q_S3Q), but Sturm keeps using his first Meteor Strike on Andy instead of Grit, completely throwing me off; I have it saved right before ending Eagle's turn, but no matter how many times I exit and reset to that point, Sturm meteors Andy instead, leading me to have to go totally on my own and - of course - get rapestomped. I'm totally lost again...

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#2
Because of the AI being somewhat randomised in these long-form battles no reliable turn-by-turn exists, you would really need to delve into war room save manipulation strategies. But, I can help you with your meteor strike troubles.

Meteor Strike has 3 hit modes that are rolled for on an RNG, it'll try and do one of these three. Because of the way RNG is seeded your save and resetting will likely not have helped.

Meteor Modes:
-Hit a diamond of units that cost the most
-Hit a diamond of units that have the most total HP
-Hit a diamond of units that cost the most, but indirect units are worth double.

It always hits with the centre on top of a unit, and Sturm's units are counted as a negative in this calculation.

The most effective way to bait the meteor is to make a diamond of infantry + artillery. I typically use Blue Moon for this, and you only need to dedicate 7,000G a turn to it with that.

The other really good strategy for this map is to let Sturm capture Andy's airport. Then use his missile unit to destroy an expensive plane each turn - it will greatly cut out the amount of funds that Sturm can throw at you because you'll freely remove 5k to 22k/turn from Sturm's income.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
9 months ago#3
LegendForce posted...
Sturm keeps slowly but steadily grinding me down and defeating me, no matter what tactics I try. I've been at this, failing over and over again, for DAYS.
Have you flooded the middle with infantry? You have to pin Sturm on the four cities and merge soldier after soldier to just take hits from Sturm's army while you don't attack. Sturm will not create ranged units and you bottleneck his soldiers in the middle (and his army behind his soldiers). If you aren't going for a high grade, eventually Grit will roll missiles to snipe Sturm's tanks behind his soldiers, Eagle will gradually use tanks to bottleneck, and Andy just has to capture properties and take the later meteors as Grit and Eagle do the hard work.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
(edited 9 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Stuck on "The Final Battle!" (w/ Grit & Eagle)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A