• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. 17 years of playing and have never seen this

User Info: Eno_Suibon

Eno_Suibon
1 year ago#1
Was just playing Sole Harbor as Kanbei. There was one sub on the right side of the field low on fuel, so I built a Cruiser at the port above to take it down. Next move Drake sends it straight down and it dives. Figures. I manage to destroy all his other units but it’s already day 18, he has his power charged so can’t capture the base in two days so figure I won’t get 999 points either way. Then his move begins ... the sub he just dived runs out of fuel and blows up ... Victory! 999 points in 18 days. Had no idea it was even possible to win on the opponent’s turn lol

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#2
It's possible.

Usually I've had it happen by 'torturing' the AI and dragging the match on while I capture all of its properties, then the AI's last 2 HP Infantry goes '**** it' and committing suicide by attacking my full health Mech or something.

Also saw the very situation you've had happen a few months ago, but on this game's predecessor, Super Famicom Wars: Enemy's last unit was a sub and it sinks from having no fuel left.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 year ago#3
It is actually a legitimate strategy for some of the harder Advance Campaign levels if you don't care about your score, too.
For example, you can wait until Eagle's bombers run out of fuel on Sami's Debut to have an easier time.
The later games' AI is more likely to throw their units into yours at low health for a suicide attack so you can win that way sometimes too.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#4
Xenesis Xenon posted...
It is actually a legitimate strategy for some of the harder Advance Campaign levels if you don't care about your score, too.

That reminds me. The first time I unlocked Olaf's Sea Strike, I had to resort to this method as I wasn't good enough at the game, so I just settled with destroying Olaf's land forces while he pulverized my navy, then waiting for his navy to sink. Was pretty darn annoying because waiting for 99-max-fuel/1-consumed-per-day battleships and cruisers to run out of juice takes a looooooong time, like 80+ turns.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. 17 years of playing and have never seen this
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A