• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Incredible strategic game
BlanketPI 1 month ago#11
Shinagawakun posted...
Exactly. I've enjoyed all the games. It's very disappointing that there's no AW title for 3DS and Switch. Would love another game.
Well, there's no new one for the Switch, but a remake of this and the sequel is coming out this coming spring. Hopefully that revives the series, without forcing it back from the improvements it made in Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict.

Shinagawakun posted...
I've played all other games in this series since I posted this thread.
Technically there's also Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, and the three Game Boy Wars games. :P

(Also, did you play the Battalion Wars spin-offs? They're sort of an RTS/TPS hybrid, so I can definitely understand why you might not want to.)
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
Shinagawakun 1 month ago#12
BlanketPI posted...
Well, there's no new one for the Switch, but a remake of this and the sequel is coming out this coming spring. Hopefully that revives the series, without forcing it back from the improvements it made in Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict.

Technically there's also Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, and the three Game Boy Wars games. :P

(Also, did you play the Battalion Wars spin-offs? They're sort of an RTS/TPS hybrid, so I can definitely understand why you might not want to.)
Yes, I know. Really excited for the remake.

Oh I've not played those 3 since I couldn't find an English version :/

Ahh yes I'm not a fan of RTS at all so I skipped those as well.
BlanketPI 1 month ago#13
Shinagawakun posted...
Oh I've not played those 3 since I couldn't find an English version :/
There was a translation for Super Famicom Wars recently released, I believe. ...Oh, actually it was 4 years ago. Getting and ripping a legitimate cart isn't as easy, though.
"Men do not differ much about what things they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable." - G.K. Chesterton
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Incredible strategic game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A