You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Incredible strategic game

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 month ago#1
I wish the characters we could use were unique characters. I'm not a big fan of the "sacrifice xx to gain xx advantage" type of gameplay and this one was full of it. This is where other TRPG like FE series triumphs IMO At the end of the day, all I could care was completing a stage, like there was no sense of urgency or fear of any kind as no matter how many units get killed it wouldn't matter. I felt desanitised by the end. lol
psn:wangyel/wangyell
pawn:Hect, Lv 200, Strider, U+S/Sungjin, Lv.5, Fighter, S

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#2
Well, that's because it's not an RPG, it is a pure TBS unlike Fire Emblem.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 month ago#3
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Well, that's because it's not an RPG, it is a pure TBS unlike Fire Emblem.

I found that out after trying it out. It was my first time venturing into this series and I didn't know it was a pure turn-based tactics. An article about a tactical RPG referred me towards this game.
psn:wangyel/wangyell
pawn:Hect, Lv 200, Strider, U+S/Sungjin, Lv.5, Fighter, S

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 month ago#4
Yeah. That happens a lot for some reason. Everyone calls it an srpg and people inevitability get disappointed when it isn't.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars
  3. Incredible strategic game