• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Doom 3
  3. finally playing the pc version of doom 3, have cds.

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
3 years ago#1
i actually got lucky and got the game for free several yrs ago, but i never had a pc capable of running the game until now. i originally played the xbox version yrs ago, and i have forgotten how creepy the game is! i have already had a few jump scares that made me moan and shout, lol, i still in the early game, just got out of the mars underground facility and making it back to the command HQ. i have the current patch: 1.3.1 but for some reason when i goto play a multiplayer game, i am running windows 8.1 and figure it is due to incompatibility in some way.

right now the game is running in fullscreen at the 1078x768 setting, i have a widescreen monitor though and would really like to make the game run widescreen at 1360x768, i tried editing the doom3.cfg file but it didnt seem to work. anyone have any advice?
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 1951-0187-1913

User Info: EternalWolf

EternalWolf
3 years ago#2
dont edit the doomconfig file at all, not necessary and it's best left at defaults to avoid future problems(forgetting what you changed).

open notepad and copy paste this into it

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customHeight "768"
seta r_customWidth "1360"
seta r_aspectratio "1"

save as "autoexec.cfg" in the base folder
As We Go...

User Info: PSOGuy25

PSOGuy25
3 years ago#3
good to know, i read something online saying that was the file to change.

do you know if multiplayer is incompatible with windows 8.1?
psn: oogabooga26
3ds: Benji / 1951-0187-1913
  1. Boards
  2. Doom 3
  3. finally playing the pc version of doom 3, have cds.
  • Topic Archived