• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. Comprehensive List of Tingle Tuner Treasures

User Info: Revanlation

Revanlation
1 year ago#1
Just started playing this game again, and would like to find all the little secrets the Tingle Tuner reveals. I've searched the web, but feel things are missing. I read all the archived topics on the hidden rupees in Dragon Roost cavern, the Outset and Windfall island stuff, Tower of the Gods pages, and even the light rings that appear on the sea only if the tuner is on (didn't even know about this til now!). The only thing I'm not 100% on is what the treasure in the Forbidden Woods is that Tetra refers to when you use he Tingle Tuner there. I had assumed it was one of the treasure charts, but I can't find direct mention of it online anywhere (except old posts on this board mentioning it "was easy to find if you pay attention"). I've already read the Tingle Tuner FAQ, which is pretty old, and the author seems unsure of or fails to mention several of these things in it. Also, if there are any other secrets anyone is aware of, please share.

I'm very OCD when it comes to completion of Zelda games, so if anyone on this dead board sees this, I really appreciate the help.
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: whisperstar13

whisperstar13
1 year ago#2
The hidden secrets I know about are as follows...

- The respawning, 100-Rupee jar on Outset Island
- The four secret spots on Outset that cause Knuckle to appear on Tingle Island
- The five Tingle Statues that are hidden inside the game's dungeons
- Those pages you've mentioned in the Tower of the Gods
- The discounts on Ting you can find in certain areas

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure what secrets you're referring to, but I've explored the game thoroughly with the Tingle Tuner, and these are the only ones I'm aware of.

Revanlation
1 year ago#3
Thanks for posting. The secrets you listed were the only ones I was familiar with originally. After researching further, I found mention of a ten rupee chest in Dragon Roost Cavern across the bridge from the second warp pot, two more rupees worth ten apiece in the room with the bridge you cut down (you have to tingle bomb the back wall on the upper floor on both the left and right sides, apparently). There's also the "Tiny Rupee" in DRC, which tingle mentions when he finds little notes scribbled at different points in the dungeon. This rupee was found to be a purple rupee you uncover in the very first room of DRC by bombing the steam vent near the first warp pot, but if you collect it, there's a glitch where the joy pendant in the jar in front of the boss room disappears. DRC also has a hidden red rupee on the table in the room with the jars and Bokoblins, and a missable red rupee in a jar you uncover by bombing the back of Medli's cell.

In Forbidden Woods, when you jump on the suspended Korok house above the boss room, and when exploring other rooms, Tetra chimes in and starts giving hints about a treasure in the dungeon, but I haven't been able to confirm exactly what it is.

Finally, there are apparently extra rings of light that appear in almost every sector of the sea only if you are using the tingle tuner while sailing. A board user years ago was compiling where these rings were and was going to post a map, but never did.

Sorry for the wall of text. I was amazed how many little things I've been unaware of all these years!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." ~ Romans 6:23

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
1 year ago#4
I played through some trying to search very carefully with the Tingle Tuner once. I found that missable jar on top of Dragon Roost. I tried to zombie hover up to examine it after but that was too hard for me. I remember having to search Dragon Roost for a long time because there's a lot of little things there. I don't think the other dungeons are anywhere near as detailed with Tingle stuff but I don't remember how long I kept up that thorough search.

I didn't know about the Tingle light rings though. Can you cite where you found that?
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

Revanlation
1 year ago#5
The Light rings were mentioned here:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/469050-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker/60197569

I'll be testing this out on my current playthrough.

Also here's the thread mentioning the other Tingle Tuner stuff:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/469050-the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker/60365731

I really wish someone would have clarified what the treasure in the Forbidden Woods is, they just mention it in vague terms. So far this is the only secret that I'm not sure of, and it's annoying lol.

Revanlation
1 year ago#6
Okay, so I found the treasure in Forbidden Woods really easily when I actually payed attention to the hints Tetra gives. Like Dragon Roost Cavern, the treasure is another 50 rupees you get for bombing the lone pile of leaves in the room with two peahats, three deku babas, and the boko baba seed you have to carry on the gondola to eliminate the vines on the door on the upper part of the room.

Also, there's a ton of hidden rupees scattered around rooms all over DRC and FW so far. I didn't ever realize this when using the Tingle tuner before, I always just used it to get the statues, hand me down tuner, and discounts on tingle's items in previous playthroughs.

I never realized it before, but there's a bunch of places in dungeons where tingle gets "stuck" and you have to help him by walking over his cursor, after which he gives you 20 rupees.

Lots of little neat surprises they packed into such a simple side feature.

I'll see if Tower of the Gods has anything else interesting besides the "legendary" pages.

Revanlation
1 year ago#7
So nothing of note popped up in Tower of the Gods, the Earth Temple, or the Wind Temple, save maybe the occasional rupee in a corner or Tingle getting stuck and needing "saved" (which only happened once - in the earth temple in one of the coffins laying on the ground).

Now to see how many extra light rings there are on the sea when the tuner is on...

Revanlation
1 year ago#8
Well, like the one topic I linked to confirms, I found that each section of the map (except Dragon Roost, Windfall, and Thorned Fairy Isle) has one extra ring you can only see when using the tuner. As minor as these things are, I'm still surprised I never knew about them until now (I have had the game since launch).

Another minor thing I found is that the tuner uncovers an extra pot with 20 rupees on the little island with the treasure chest off Windfall when you bomb it. I think it was mentioned in one of the linked topics, but I had forgotten about it until I randomly bombed the little island.

I guess this covers every major and minor treasure the tuner can find, unless someone discovers something else.

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
1 year ago#9
Are all the light rings the usual purple rupees?
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

Revanlation
1 year ago#10
Yeah, maybe a few red ones too, just like your typical light rings.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. Comprehensive List of Tingle Tuner Treasures
  • Topic Archived