• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: AlexLoeher

AlexLoeher
1 year ago#1
Just did a 3 Hearts challenge with this game and I started to realize something: while Wind Waker remains among my favorite Zelda games, I likely have more complaints with it then most of the other Zelda games that I really enjoy. On one hand you have the tedious forced padding, the relative low difficulty, the emptiness of the world, and the finicky L-targeting, but on the other, you have perhaps the best characterization in the series, the grand sense of exploration and the heightened replay value.

That's without even getting into the whole debate over the graphics. While I didn't mind it at the time, and in retrospect I think the choice improved the game's standing in hindsight significantly, I understand that's there's still a contingent who hate the choice.

In the annals of Zelda history, which game elicits the greatest range of emotions for you? There are games that I have nothing but good feelings for (Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess), and some I despise (Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords Adventure) but not many that make me feel both like Wind Waker does.

User Info: Depressionism

Depressionism
1 year ago#2
Minish Cap was one I surprisingly enjoyed a lot.

But Wind Waker is my favorite hands down. It's in my top 5 games that I've ever played honestly.
Is it too late now to say I'm sorry? - Justin Bieber

User Info: goldentriforks

goldentriforks
1 year ago#3
AlexLoeher posted...
There are games that I have nothing but good feelings for (Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess), and some I despise (Phantom Hourglass, Four Swords Adventure) but not many that make me feel both like Wind Waker does.

I have to agree with you. Wind Waker was my first Zelda game and I found a lot of it tedious, unlike Ocarina which I loved almost every part of, and yet every time I hear the Outset Island theme I have the inexplicable urge to replay it. Not to mention it has probably my favorite incarnations of both Zelda and Link.
  • Topic Archived