• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: romanhawk

romanhawk
2 years ago#1
Just a couple questions...

1) For the regular treasures scattered around the oceans...once you pluck them from the sea and get your 20 or 50 rupees...do they ever come back the next time you visit? Meaning...are these treasures infinite? Or once you get them...you can't uncover them anymore?

2) Where can I sell spoils back? I thought it was with the guy at Windfall that I did the trading with? But he doesn't give a selling option. Basically, I want to sell all these extra Joy Pendants, Skull Necklaces, Boko Baba seeds, etc.

3) What is the purpose of the Boko Baba seed anyway?

4) In my 4 bottles, I have Grandma's yellow stuff, and 3 bottles of blue. Is that the best strategy to survive or are fairies better?

5) Has anyone beaten the Mail Sorting mini-game on the Gamecube? If so, how long did it take you?

6) I just got the Silver Membership from Beadle. And he just yells a compliment at me. Is it worth wasting rupees and time to get the Gold. What do you get for that? And is there anything after that?

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
2 years ago#2
romanhawk posted...
1) For the regular treasures scattered around the oceans...once you pluck them from the sea and get your 20 or 50 rupees...do they ever come back the next time you visit? Meaning...are these treasures infinite? Or once you get them...you can't uncover them anymore?
I'm honestly not sure, in part because that's so hard to check. But I think I recall reading that some of those smaller ones are randomly generated and that they come back after some point...? Again though, I'm not sure.

2) Where can I sell spoils back? I thought it was with the guy at Windfall that I did the trading with? But he doesn't give a selling option. Basically, I want to sell all these extra Joy Pendants, Skull Necklaces, Boko Baba seeds, etc.
I'll give you a huge hint: It's not just at one island, but it's always the same store. If you still can't figure it out: Beedle Just don't forget, if you haven't used those things for anything, chances are there's something that you can still do with them. (But if you did, for example, get the reward for Skull Necklaces, go ahead)

3) What is the purpose of the Boko Baba seed anyway?
I believe it is Hollo who can use 10 of them to make a Blue Potion. Yeah, you don't even need those Blue Chu Jellies to get a Blue Potion. (Only if you want to spend Rupees on them) In case you forgot, he's in the Forest Haven.

4) In my 4 bottles, I have Grandma's yellow stuff, and 3 bottles of blue. Is that the best strategy to survive or are fairies better?
Fairies heal all of your health, but they don't heal magic. The soup is two drinks, so it's always the best thing to have. The rest is up to you. ...But I highly doubt it'll make a difference.

5) Has anyone beaten the Mail Sorting mini-game on the Gamecube? If so, how long did it take you?
I guess it was about half an hour, maybe three quarters. But I play WarioWare and the like. It's basically a matter of memorizing where each of the boxes are and quick reaction times. I'm afraid this is something that just takes practice and repeated efforts.

6) I just got the Silver Membership from Beadle. And he just yells a compliment at me. Is it worth wasting rupees and time to get the Gold. What do you get for that? And is there anything after that?
Eh, it's not useless like the Complimentary ID, but it doesn't count toward 100% completion. It's a free refill of Arrows, Bombs, magic, and health.
Unity begins with you.
Don't wait for someone else to start it.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
2 years ago#3
4 boko baba seed = 1 blue potion
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

BlanketPI
2 years ago#4
Huh, I misremembered the number. That makes them even easier to get, especially since I think you'll almost always get them, even if you don't use the Grappling Hook.

...That makes the Blue Chu Jelly pointless, unless you want to get rid of Rupees, I guess.
Unity begins with you.

gamemaster712
2 years ago#5
BlanketPI posted...
Huh, I misremembered the number. That makes them even easier to get, especially since I think you'll almost always get them, even if you don't use the Grappling Hook.

...That makes the Blue Chu Jelly pointless, unless you want to get rid of Rupees, I guess.

Between infinite rupee farming at least blue chu chu means you can buy them immediately.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

romanhawk
2 years ago#6
Well, I had already gotten the blue potion by going to 15 of the islands...so oh well.

As far as the last dungeon is concerned....looks like it's gonna take like an hour to invest. If I beat a boss and save and quit...do I have to beat him again? Or do killed bosses in the last dungeon stay dead?

romanhawk
2 years ago#7
Also, does the 100% part of the game apply to the old Gamcube version? Or was that just something added in the Wii version?

I'm playing Gamecube...and if not, then there's no motive for me to get all these treasures of Silver ruppees if it's not needed.

BlanketPI
2 years ago#8
What do you mean by 100%? I mean, there's nothing to record your percentage aside from stuff like your Treasure Maps being a different color once you collect the treasure....

It saves your progress. Just note that if you're trying to get the Pictographs of everything, this is the only time you can get them from the first boss (or two if you didn't do that right away). ...But if you didn't get a Pictograph of the third boss (in the Tower of the Gods), you'd need to either use a new file or just play through the new game+ (which keeps your figurines).
Unity begins with you.

gamemaster712
2 years ago#9
Boss 3 in the tower can be taken picture of even after...
Just go back to the boss room and take thy pic on wall.

It's 4 and a phantom plus puppet ya gotta do asap...

romanhawk
2 years ago#10
As far as the last dungeon is concerned....looks like it's gonna take like an hour to invest. If I beat a boss and save and quit...do I have to beat him again? Or do killed bosses in the last dungeon stay dead?
  • Topic Archived