• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 year ago#71
So I've beaten the first four boss re-fights (hate that worm. Actually, I hate all the little worms that kept getting in my way/hurting me/stopping me from attacking the main boss. Which, to be fair, is exactly why the main boss has them around) and created the dark portal back to the real world. Used a fairy on the worm, so I hopped in the portal to restock. I don't remember how much further I have, how far along I am to catch up with you, or if I already have, but I'll press on a bit further and see what I can find. I know I get the light arrows I've surpassed you, so we're not at that point yet.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#72
Well I'm deep with xillia and it only takes an hour or so for me to end wind waker before slowly transitioning to TP
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

skater43
1 year ago#73
Okay, just got the light arrows (another helpful tip for future players: the blade of the sword is NOT the hilt. Going in the direction of the blade can net you lots of skull necklaces and rupees, but won't help you progress the plot), defeated Phantom Ganon and tore down the wall (well, cut it down, but either way, the wall is no more and the way forward is). Used both my fairies, so I'm back in Real World currently to restock, then hold up here before we finish up the last bit.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#74
No need to wait for me...
Just go at it....
You need enough head start...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 year ago#75
Didn't have a chance to play again last night, but I've got an hour and a half or so this morning before I need to get ready for work (I hate mid shifts), so I'll take a crack at and see how far I get/what I can do.

skater43
1 year ago#76
Success! First few forms weren't too bad (at least, after I remembered what I was supposed to target [no trouble there] and what to target it with [that took some remembering. Didn't try all my weapons or anything, but was attempting to use the sword for a while before going "duh"]). Only used 9 arrows on the snake, so obviously had some good luck on those shots. Bit more trouble with Ganondorf. Primary issue was my lack of parrying skills/forgetting you have to target the enemy to parry. So I relied on Zelda for the first part, then when it was just me, succeeded in blowing through most of my healing items without doing anything to Ganon. Used one fairy with Zelda, then used my other fairy and both doses of Grandma's soup before figuring out how to parry. Not a good sign. But once I got the gist of parrying, things got easier and I was finally able to do some damage. Used my blue potion on the last phase of the fight, so it was down to do or die. Again, lack of parrying almost did me in. Stunned him plenty of times with the reflected arrow, but was missing the final blow. Of course, once we land that parry blow, it's all automatic from there and now the Master Sword has a new stone pedestal to reside in.

So this was fun to run through again. Little disappointed in myself that I had to look up those last couple of charts/heart piece, but at least I found most stuff on my own. Did grab a couple more of the blue chus as I bopped around, but didn't go after all 23. Figurines, I think I ended up with 2 or 3, just because I turned in 1 to initiate things, then turned in a couple of the legendary pictos as long as I was on Forest Haven, but otherwise, didn't bother with them. Maybe on a new game+ I'll look for more of those. As soon as I run out of other games to play. :) Onward to Twilight Princess?

gamemaster712
1 year ago#77
Make the TP topic whenever.
You need the head start.
I'll catch up as slowly as I can

This was fun as usual...
Hopefully Zelda fever keeps us occupied for a while and we can figure out what's next after that.

Feel free to bring games I may have or easy for you to acquire...
I got plenty ps2 games too ya know

skater43
1 year ago#78
All right, new topic started. Won't get far this weekend with work and all, but we can at least get things rolling.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#79
Figurine all done...
Time to cut the puppet strings and finish things once and for all

gamemaster712
1 year ago#80
That's a wrap....
TP here we go....
Tomorrow maybe...
Super slow...
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again
  • Topic Archived