• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#61
Waiting for my eventual blitz
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 year ago#62
Chipping away, chipping away. Found the two blue chus I was missing today. Checking the Fairy Islands turned out to be a good idea, as that's where I found both I was missing. So Mr. Chu Jelly can now sell me blue potions. Frankly, I think getting a bunch of boko baba seeds is easier, though I guess if you knew where all the blue chus were/collected them in an efficient manner (which I did not), that might save you time. Anyway, also got another chart, and it turned out to be the one leading to the heart piece, so killed two birds with one stone. Did check a couple of secret caves, including one I'd missed (for those of you future players who might be reading this, note that reading the map correctly is immensely helpful. There are 2 secret caves on Paw Island, not Dragon Roost. So don't waste time looking for a second cave on Dragon Roost, it ain't there). Disappointed to find it just contained a silver rupee. So, to-do list stands at 1 heart piece on Windfall Island and 4 charts somewhere in the world.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#63
Total blue chu is 23 so 8 leftover when going for all.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

gamemaster712
1 year ago#64
I'm just waiting....
Haven't touched WW in days...

Plus with xillia on horizon we shall see how things go

skater43
1 year ago#65
Well, didn't have a chance to play yesterday, and only have about 15 minutes or so before I get ready for work this morning, but hoping I can check a couple of things. Pretty good at clearing all chests in a dungeon before leaving, but I'll prolly be double-checking those for charts, too. Missing #1, 3, 7 and 17 so I guess if I get really stuck, I can look them up, but I'd rather figure them out on my own. Plus that last heart piece in Windfall.

23 blue chus? Huh. Wonder why I thought there were only the 15 needed for a the potion guy. Anyway, I might track down the other 8 at some point, but that's not my current focus or in my current plans in beating the game.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#66
My focus shifted to xillia...

You only need 15 but some people like me prefer extra.
I think I have almost max green chu jelly.
And I've already turned in the initial numbers.

skater43
1 year ago#67
A-ha was right: "I used to be confused/ But now I just don't know" (http://www.metrolyrics.com/blue-sky-lyrics-aha.html) I have reason to believe that the heart piece I'm missing may in fact be on Spire Island, not Windfall. However, I'm not sure where. I bought the heart piece from Beedle, cleared the platforms for some money and a gold feather, dropped down the hole/killed the bats/got the chart, so I'm not seeing where the second heart piece is supposed to be on this island (separate from the heart piece you get from chart #whatever that nets you a heart in that square). But the heart piece chart says there are two on that island, and I've only gotten the one from Beedle. So we'll puzzle that one at and see what we come up with.

In other exploratory news, I did locate chart #1, so that's one of the four I was missing. Took 4 tries to get to the Forest Haven dungeon (and that's 4 tries after climbing up the tree and making it to the launch platform. First fail I missed the in between island because I didn't use the camera effectively to see where Link actually was/where he'd land. Second fail I missed the updraft. Third fail I got hit by one of the enemies near the entrance. And, of course, each fail means going all the way to the Great Tree, hop up the flowers, etc.) but I was happy to see I had missed some chests (3), one of which was the chart, so it was worthwhile. So, three more to go. Checked the other dungeons and I got all those chests, so we need to look elsewhere. Also scoped out Fire and Ice Islands. I was excited when I got to Ice Island because I remembered I had to bail from there last time because I ran out of magic. I was disappointed, though to just earn some rupees. I also figured out how to play the pig game on Windfall, and was again disappointed to just earn rupees. Oh well.

skater43
1 year ago#68
Well, I threw in the proverbial towel. Yeah, I gave in and looked up the last few things I was missing. So close, yet so far. I actually beat the ships on Spire Island, but didn't bother with looking for/collecting treasure. Aside from the spots on the Light Ring chart, most light rings are not worth the time and effort, only being 20 rupees or so, and I've got $2300 or so (and done the auction/bought the stuff from Special Beedle, so didn't much else to spend money on). And I missed the light rings appearing after destroying the ships, or that would have clued me in (like the Triforce piece/chart you get off Needle Island). So that was the heart piece.

As for the charts, I forgot rule #27 of Zelda games: play mini games multiple times in case there's multiple prizes. Beat both the target games, but didn't bother going back to them for other prizes. Until now. Beat the one on Spectacle Island first try (it helped that one of the "boats" was as far away as possible, so I got that in one hit, then just eased my way closer for the other 4). One on Windfall took 3 or 4 tries, and I got lucky on my success, down to my last shot, but at least I'd found the 2 shot one earlier, so I could be more spacious with my shots looking for the 3 shot one. And rule #8 of Zelda games is explore everywhere. Which, in this case, means every island, even non-descript ones off Forest Haven. So, last three charts acquired, last three treasures plundered, got me Grandma's soup in one bottle, blue potion in another, fairies in the last two, 99 bombs, 99 arrows, I'm ready to take on Hyrule whenever you are gm.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#69
All I really have is....
Get light arrow.
Blast phantom...
Blast the puppet....
Take picto for puppet....
And go wreck ole Ganon....
Which goes after you...
Because mostly I'm all xillia.
And all that I can finish in an hour or so

skater43
1 year ago#70
Okay. Since I lag behind/take my time/am not sure where I'm going I've started making my way through Hyrule. Seen Zelda get whisked away and gone through the barrier (note to future players: cut barrier before attempting to walk through it), and have just arrived in Ganon's Tower. Need to leave here in a bit for a couple of hours, but I'll take a crack at the Tower this afternoon and see how far I get.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again
  • Topic Archived