• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#51
Just23 posted...
Cant buy a new anywhere nearby sadly

Welp you're screwed
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 year ago#52
After getting a good 7 or 8 flights between 245 and 256 yards, which means I'm good, but not good and talented, I'm convinced the game is rigged. So we'll come back to it later and do some other chart/heart piece/Triforce collecting.

Just23 - you'll prolly have to go online for a new controller, though GameStop or other used game places may have one (which prolly means it won't be new, but if it works, it works). A couple of years ago, I had to replace the control stick on one of my N64 controllers and found that without too much trouble, so I can't imagine a GameCube controller being much harder.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#53
Huh you want rigged?!
I was trying for chart 23....
Tried many times and failed...
Then next day first try....

You have to do flight platform nearly perfectly....
Stupid tornadoes
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 year ago#54
Chart 23? I guess I got really lucky on that and got it on my second try (first one was remembering how the game worked).

Picked up some more hearts, so up to 15 3/4 now. Also got the Triforce map from the Cabana (helps if you look all around, even up, sometimes) and a couple of other charts. Birds out at Bird's Peak Island are really starting to annoy me, but at least Beadle's at Forest Haven, so picking up more pears isn't too big a deal. And note to self: don't forget to water the trees. About to leave for work, but we'll work on that tomorrow, plus some more hunting/gathering.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#55
Witt enough arrow and accuracy just shoot down those birds....
It really helps.

skater43
1 year ago#56
So far, I've proved to have neither. Have taken out a couple of the birds, but not all of them. However, I did stop by the last Great Fairy today, so I have the biggest quiver (had one upgrade already, now have the second), so with 99 arrows, I should have a better chance of taking them out. We shall see. That's basically my next objective. That and watering the trees. Tried that earlier today, but wasted too much time on the first one and gave up after about 5 of them, realizing I wasn't going to have enough time to finish. But I've got a better idea of where the trees are on the various islands, so we'll take another crack at that.

Meanwhile, been doing more collecting. Now up to 17 hearts, so getting close to finishing those. In addition, I've found the heart piece chart, so I can check that off my own records to see where I still need to check/hunt. Have 39 charts, so almost done with those. In addition, I've found 37 of the treasures, so I basically need to find more charts to continue hunting. I've found 5 of the Triforce charts and collected 3 pieces. Need to have Tingle translate one of my maps, then we'll go looking for those. I've seen the Ghost Ship twice, but don't have the chart for that yet, so haven't been able to board it, but that's on the to-do list. Oh, and beat the Flight Game. Old record: 256 yards, sucks to be me. New record: 258 yards, I'm the greatest flyer since Chuck Yeager. Doubt it made a difference, but I did swing my sword/do a jump attack on the way down, just in case it gave me that extra few feet. Anyway, off to Cliff Plateau to collect a treasure, shoot some birds and hopefully get me another Triforce map.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#57
And I've just been playing tales of symphonia....
I'm literally one boss away from end so...

skater43
1 year ago#58
Chipping away. Up to 18 1/2 hearts, so we're at the point of checking the charts versus my notes and seeing what's left. I know I have one on Windfall left to get (I thought there was a mini game of catching the dude's three pigs, but all he says is he's willing to give financial advice. Don't know if I'm misremembering or if that resulted in a heart piece, but something to look into) plus one of the 12 eyed octos (taken down the other 5 or 6 or however many there are). Have 43 charts, so just a few more of those and I've collected all 43 treasures so far, so those are up to speed. Missing one Triforce piece/chart, from the Ghost Ship, so there's one of the charts/treasures. Otherwise, need to check the secret caves chart and platform charts to see what else I've missed. Done all the subs, so those are taken care of. Finished the Pit of 100 Trials or whatever they call it here, for both the heart and chart. Last room was a bit rough, though once they dropped their armor, I mostly let them kill themselves, but the rest of the Pit wasn't too bad. Used 3 fairies, but that's what they're there for. Seems like the one in TP was much harder to get through (plus the Pit in Paper Mario).

edit - make that 19 hearts. Just got once piece from the post office guy's mom, and another from the golden feather dude's girlfriend. Collected both of those at the mailbox on Windfall, but they prolly count towards Dragon Roost's heart pieces on the heart piece chart. So still need one on Windfall, but Dragon Roost is now done.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#59
I'm waiting for skater to finish before I blitz the end...
I'm fast like that....

skater43
1 year ago#60
Indeed, while I take the more leisurely/exploratory/where-do-I-go-now route. :)

Getting close though. Didn't play much yesterday, but got me two more heart pieces (the other 12 hit octo and the one on Headstone Island, which I prolly never would have found except for the heart piece chart. There ain't much there, so once I got to the island it was just a matter of looking around a little and "hey, I wonder if..." and got it with little trouble. But I wouldn't have looked around there without the chart), so now I'm missing one on Windfall Island (I've gotten the one from the target/squid shooting game, one from the Maggie/Moe letters, one from the Killer Bees or whatever the truant kids call themselves, one in a chest [think that would be the one that appears once you light the lighthouse], one from the auction, one from decorating the town, one from the lighthouse guy for lighting the lighthouse, and one from the shy couple we play matchmaker to. Which makes 8 and the heart piece chart says there's 9 on the island) and one from a chart. Missing 5 charts, so still need to do some poking around for those. Near as I can tell, I've cleared all the platforms, so gotten those charts. Done all the subs, too. Unfortunately, I didn't mark which secret holes I did, just if I got a rupee or chart or whatever from a chest, so I'm going to have to go back and double-check those. I did get the ghost ship chart, found it, and got that Triforce chart and piece, so the Triforce of Courage is now complete. Also on the to-do list is find the last two blue chus. Made a note of which ones I've found, but I haven't really been searching for them, just marking off when I happen to find one. Looks like many of the Fairy Islands have one, so I'll have to check my list versus Fairy Islands and see about checking out any I've missed. So, two heart pieces, 5 charts, 2 blue chus, that's our list to complete before heading back to Hyrule.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again
  • Topic Archived