• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 year ago#11
I went the conservative route: hold down L continually, hit him 2 or 3 times, then pull out my shield and wait for him to attack, hit him 2 or 3 times, pull out my shield, etc. and so on. Not the fastest method (took about 15 minutes to hit him 500 times, but I also did it without getting hit myself), but it works. And if I only hit him once before pulling out my shield, I was okay with that. After I beat this/find everything, I'll have to check out a 100% run of this, just to see what speedrunners do on him that's faster than my method. I suspect, like you, there's a lot of parrying and moving around, rather than just waiting for him to attack. But, heart piece acquired (up to 6 full hearts now), so off we go to do some more exploring/filling in the rest of our chart.

Actually, 100, 300 and 500 give you rewards, but I think you have to do them individually/you can only get one reward at a time.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#12
Parrying is easy once you get the timing down.
It's like clockwork at higher numbers when he retaliates faster than usual
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

skater43
1 year ago#13
I noticed that on my 500 run: him attacking more frequently, or doing a quick jab attack every so often. However, because defense was my main focus, I took what he gave, if I only hit him once before putting up my shield, I was okay with that. Parrying here, and the various scroll techniques of TP have been a weakness for me, at least, I rarely use them. Just hacking away generally works, even if it's not the most efficient means. But I guess that's what separates the great players from the casual schmoes like me.

So I've finished filling in my sea chart. Placed the three pearls so I could fill in the Tower of Gods square, too. Picked up a couple more treasure charts and have actually located 4 or 5 treasures already, just from visiting the various islands. Gotten the biggest wallet, so I can now hold major fat loots. Agreed to be the pictobox dude's apprentice, but haven't done anything with that yet. Did open up the figurine door, too. Apparently, pears only work when you're standing in/near select spots. Figurine dude didn't like my black and white photos of the two bosses I fought, so I dumped those. Not sure my next plan of attack. I mean, there's stuff I sorta remember, but not sure what's available. Prolly poke around a few of the islands and see if I can pick up some more charts or heart pieces, then head for the Tower.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#14
Some figurines missable, but for skater it shouldn't be much concern.
Today I likely tackle the tower and move along so I can get to the rupee farming...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 year ago#15
Yeah, I'm focusing on getting through the game and finding everything. Prolly make an effort to get some, but not going out of my way for all of them.

And I've begun my assault on the Tower as well. Just got the bow, so I'm not quite halfway through, but at least I've seen most of the traps/tricks, so have those figured out. By the way, saying out loud "come on, Link, get on the dang box" does not, in fact, help Link get on the dang box. Especially if Link isn't meant to get on said box, but rather, is supposed to use it to hold down a switch. Pretty full weekend, so I doubt I'll have much time to play, but hope I can finish the Tower by Monday. Also picked up a few more heart pieces (up to 7.5 hearts now) and treasure charts today, so we're chipping away at those.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#16
Gonna grab bottle #3 and then proceed to the tower

gamemaster712
1 year ago#17
Hit orca 999x and got silver rupee.
Gonna turn in figurine shots and try the auction.
Later tonight must beat tower

gamemaster712
1 year ago#18
Tower complete...
Gonna get revenge on a certain frog soon and do some missable figurines

skater43
1 year ago#19
Not far behind you, dude. Had enough time this morning to finish the Tower, acquire the Master Sword and bring some sunshine and color to the world. Weekend's pretty much booked until I get home from work tomorrow night, so I guess we'll have to wait until then to see about acquiring the warp spell, finishing up a platform, and whatever adventures I decide to embark on next.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#20
Gonna get one more heart upgrade before getting some more figurine. Then we get to open point and do plenty quests to buff up
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again
  • Topic Archived