• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 year ago#1
So, my buddy gamemaster712 and I are going to be running through this game again. Unfortunately, the third musketeer, Golden_Torizo, doesn't have a ready means of playing this herself, so she can't join us, but I'm sure she'll be along offer support/cheer us on. All others are welcome to tag along as well, offer moral support, or just lurk in the shadows and read of our adventures. Personally, I've only gone through this game once completely, plus did most of a new game+, so am still fairly green at it, but after watching a run of it at AGDQ this year, I was wanting to give it another go. gm was talking about doing an "all figurine" run, and I'm not sure I'll bother with all those, but I'll certainly be going after every heart piece, piece of gear, etc. Do have a blank map ready, so I can start marking things off. Used a premade checklist for my new game+ run and the problem with that is it's easy to see things you haven't done yet. And while I have beaten the game before, it's been a while, so I'd rather see about trying to rediscover things on my own. We shall see how it goes. I close tomorrow and gm's off, so the hope is we'll have a chance to fire our games up and make some significant early progress. So, tune in and find out how it goes. :)
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#2
The collector in me just have to do all figurines.
It just has to.
Because of that it'll take a while for me to finish with all the sailing around...
Better double check that missable list...
Today....
We set sail once again.

And I've completed figurine once, I do it again.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

skater43
1 year ago#3
And we're off! :) Checked my old save file and it said April, 2014, so it has been quite a while since I've played this. But, most things are looking vaguely familiar, or at least, I'm not having too much trouble figuring out where to go/what to do. Currently kicking it in Dragon Roost Caverns. I've gotten the grappling hook and Big Key, collected all the chests, so it's just a matter of making my way to the boss and finishing up. Otherwise, other than the mandatory stuff required to get to this point (sail, baton, etc.), I've collected 2 heart pieces, 3 treasure charts, Tingle's chart, the wind requiem, and the pictobox. One of the heart pieces was from Windfall Island, but otherwise, I haven't done much there yet. Don't remember everything, but I know there's several heart pieces and other stuff to collect there, but we'll worry about that in a bit. First we'll see about finishing up Dragon Roost, then see where the story takes us next, then see about exploring around/doing some collecting.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 year ago#4
I've been using tingle tuner and some of his comments are downright hilarious...
Plus I'm just going for figurines at the moment.
Once second dungeon is finished I plan to sequence break a bit more to get more side stuff and figurines done.
100% figurine I will achieve first play...
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 year ago#5
Don't have a GBA, so never used the Tingle Tuner, but may have to go online and look for a script dump or something, see some of his comments.

Not doing much with figurines myself. This run I'm mostly just enjoying playing through. However, I did snap photos of the first two bosses I've fought, just in case. Don't know if they're good enough or anything (I know with MM, if you were off a bit, the picture didn't count), but we'll see. Don't remember which island I turn them in at either, but we'll poke around and see what we find.

Meanwhile, we've advanced the plot some. Finished up Forest Haven earlier today, so have a couple more pieces of gear. Also grabbed the mailbox heart piece, so I'm up to three pieces now. Also stopped off to say hi to Beedle and grabbed some bait, so I've been feeding some fish. Now have a good dozen or so squares filled out on my sea chart. I'd planned on doing some more exploring, especially on Windfall Island, but it seems the plot there takes precedence. So I guess I'll have to plot along to Outset, then go explore. I know the first part is rather linear/directed, but the game pretty much opens up after that, so looking forward to just sailing the balmy seas and seeing what I can dig up.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#6
The delux picto box is required for figurine so not really.
Not that is an issue, most boss figurine can be redone later.
Working toward the more open ended parts so I can island explore more.

skater43
1 year ago#7
Okay. I did find a fish who gave a hit about the gallery, so I at least know where it is. Either because of the storm/need to advance the plot or I wasn't standing in the right/a good spot, I wasn't able to get a sea gull to take one of my pears, so we'll come back to that later.

Most of today was just spent traveling the seas and feeding fish. Now have the bottom half of the sea chart filled in. A couple of the islands I poked around, too, so I have a couple of new charts from Horseshoe Island and the two bomb bag upgrades. Am currently kicking it on Outset Island. Got the bigger wallet, but I need to practice more/be less aggressive attacking Orca. I've also talked to Jabun and just gotten the Pearl, so I'll prolly finish talking to the rest of the fish/fill out my chart and then see about finding some of these treasures I've got charts for or head to Windfall and see about collecting some heart pieces or something.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#8
Figurine collecting before going further

skater43
1 year ago#9
Duh, skater, use your shield on Orca. Amazing how much easier it is to hit him 100 times when you're blocking his attacks. Guess as long as I'm here, might as well go for the rest of his rewards/titles.

gamemaster712
1 year ago#10
skater43 posted...
Duh, skater, use your shield on Orca. Amazing how much easier it is to hit him 100 times when you're blocking his attacks. Guess as long as I'm here, might as well go for the rest of his rewards/titles.

My advice is try to keep things in the center ring.
I usually hit him 4x, parry. Then repeat.
Block if he does the same immediately.
It gets easier at higher numbers.
The only reward is 300 hits when he prompts.
After that over 999 earns you his respect as a master
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. two musketeers running through this again
  • Topic Archived