• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. Where in the world is Link's homeland? (possible spoilers)

User Info: zzamaro

zzamaro
3 years ago#1
So I just got the bombs and the world is all dark. The talking boat thing isn't telling me where my homeland is nor is putting the location in my map. He isn't giving me a single clue either. I headed to that prison thing from the beginning I think, found in the most northwest zone part, but it's telling me it's too soon to go there. Before going there, I talked to everyone on the island where I got the bombs, but no hints or anything. I don't think the bird-human beings would know anything so it might be pointless to go there.

Since it's a Zelda game, I don't want to spoil myself anything, but it takes ages to travel around this water world even when you put the current in your favor. I don't like water-levels to begin with (looking at you water temple from Zelda OoT) so I'm just playing other stuff while I'll wait for a response here.

It's ironic how I have no idea where my homeland is lol Anyway, did I miss anything here? Or just straight tell me the location please.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
3 years ago#2
Link's home island is called Outset Island. It's on the southern edge of the map, one square in from the left. It's automatically on your sea chart from the beginning, no need to feed the fishman.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

zzamaro
3 years ago#3
How did I miss that? I hate when the game characters tell you something and the highlighted text (in red) is not the official name but a vague word which in this case is homeland.

Thank you.

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
3 years ago#4
>.< /facepalm

Really? You never learned how things are worded differently but mean the same thing in school? I feel sorry for you.

And at first, I thought from the title of this topic, it'd be some theory or idea of where Link hailed from the sunken Hyrule..... not that would ever be possible, but it's always fun to discuss ideas or theories.

zzamaro
3 years ago#5
rhoadsofrock posted...
>.< /facepalm

Really? You never learned how things are worded differently but mean the same thing in school? I feel sorry for you.

And at first, I thought from the title of this topic, it'd be some theory or idea of where Link hailed from the sunken Hyrule..... not that would ever be possible, but it's always fun to discuss ideas or theories.

Well, English isn't my first language so I thinik you understand some have little trouble playing games in a language you don't fully understand :)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. Where in the world is Link's homeland? (possible spoilers)
  • Topic Archived