• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. Have I missed a mission in Portland island?

User Info: Skelterz

Skelterz
2 months ago#1

So I have 29 out 73 missions completed I’ve done all payphone missions and all the mafia missions I read somewhere I should have 30 missions completed at the start of the second island.

Also the payphone mission Turismo was available twice I can complete those missions again for some reason I don’t know what going on but I wanna get 100% so I’m sort of freaking out.

Does bomb da base act 1 count as an actual mission? Cause if not then 29 should be correct

User Info: MunKy321

MunKy321
2 months ago#2
Don't worry about it! It doesn't sound like you've screwed up anything, especially since you've completed Turismo so early! You can do that mission as many times as you'd like in the game once you complete all of El Burro's missions, so you're good there!

I think what you're referring to is the three side missions (which do count as missions in the game's statistics, by the way). Have you done the off-road mission Patriot Playground or the two RC Toyz missions: Mafia Massacre and Diablo Destruction?
Don't forget to howl at the sunflowers like a chipmunk doing its groceries on a rainy day in the middle of the ninth 7th sea. And smile! Don't forget to smile!

User Info: ThJok3r

ThJok3r
2 months ago#3
Several missions that contribute to 100% completion can be permanently disabled if other missions are completed beforehand:
  • Luigi's missions "Pump-Action Pimp" and "The Fuzz Ball" must be completed before Salvatore's "Last Requests".
  • Joey's missions "Dead Skunk in the Trunk" and "The Getaway" must be completed before Salvatore's "Last Requests".

User Info: SlLENTASSASSlN

SlLENTASSASSlN
1 month ago#4
There are also other payphone missions next to Joey's garage.
Victory is in details

ThJok3r
1 month ago#5
Also, going off the 100% guide(which is excellent on this website), I think you should have 32 missions complete by the end of Portland.

User Info: Skelterz

Skelterz
1 month ago#6
ThJok3r posted...
Also, going off the 100% guide(which is excellent on this website), I think you should have 32 missions complete by the end of Portland.

No mystery is solved it’s 29.

ThJok3r
1 month ago#7
I believe the number you're looking for is 31. I'm actually gonna play through the first island soon to verify. But I do think I recall the #31 appearing often whenever I played through and finished Portland. When I posted 32 before, I was thinking Give me Liberty counted as a mission to complete, and it doesn't. It starts you off as 1 mission attempted when you take control, but doesn't give you 1 mission complete until you finish Luigi's Girls.

ThJok3r
1 month ago#8
Alright, I played through Portland to see what the number should be. If you have completed every mission in Portland, when you complete "Last Requests" from Salvatore and unlock Staunton Island, you should have 32 missions complete. Bomb da Base does count as two missions also.

Doublecheck you have completed the Toyz missions to destroy vehicles. There is one across from Toni's place and another one underneath the stairs to the L Train in Hepburn Heights/Harwood.

Also, verify you've completed Patriot Playground.

User Info: SlLENTASSASSlN

SlLENTASSASSlN
4 weeks ago#9
ThJok3r posted...
Alright, I played through Portland to see what the number should be. If you have completed every mission in Portland, when you complete "Last Requests" from Salvatore and unlock Staunton Island, you should have 32 missions complete. Bomb da Base does count as two missions also.

Doublecheck you have completed the Toyz missions to destroy vehicles. There is one across from Toni's place and another one underneath the stairs to the L Train in Hepburn Heights/Harwood.

Also, verify you've completed Patriot Playground.
And payphone missions next to Joey's garage.
Victory is in details
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. Have I missed a mission in Portland island?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A