• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So I'm trying to do a master save file...

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 year ago#11
Nah, ask whatever you want to know. I was gonna reply the other day but I only had my phone with me and I hate typing on my phone, heh.

Yeah, GTA3's starter-save is awesome; practically only story and phone missions left to do to reach 100%. Only those 4 stubborn vehicles are in the way.

BF-Injection is unlocked after ''Sayonara Salvatore''. It's parked next to Misty's building from 18h00 to 00h00; as usual if it didn't spawn the first time, drive away a few blocks and try again.

And don't forget about Marty Chonks...missions unlocked after ''Drive Misty for me''. The phone rings every day from 9h00 to 19h00. If you start early, you can do all 4 missions in one go...kind of a mini-challenge I enjoy for some reason...don't skip the cutscenes for extra challenge :D

And I'm sure you're aware of this but just in case, be careful about not playing missions in the wrong order so you don't miss any missions:
- Don't do Last Requests before you're finished with Luigi and Joey.
- Don't do Waka-Gashira Wipeout before finishing with Kenji.
- And don't do Grand Theft Aero before doing Two-faced Tanner.

And not 100% related, but also maybe keep an eye on special vehicles if you're interested in that. The ones I like to collect myself:
- BP/EP/FP Cheetah from Turismo (You can add Damage-Proof to it with the CrusherGlitch. Best car in the game by a mile.)
- BP Barracks OL from ''Arms shortage''
- BP Patriot gifted to you by Ray

User Info: bulgarian_kid

bulgarian_kid
1 year ago#12
As a matter of fact I wasn't aware of potentially missing missions, so THANK YOU for that. Luckily I didn't play at all since completing the starter save, so I'm safe. Wasn't so lucky with Vice City, having bought the condo where the weapons spawn before finishing collecting the packages or whatever.

I expect that info about the proofed cars would be in one or both of the "Bulletproof Car FAQ[s]." The cheetah definitely seems worth getting. What is the "CrusherGlitch"?

As for the FBI, I guess I have to wait to unlock Staunton to be able to get 5*s, and for the Rhino you already mentioned the ''Arms shortage'' mission.
Anybody wants to front, they can get hit like a mother****ing blunt.

BimmyLee
1 year ago#13
Oh boy, I just realized I should've warned you about the Purple Nines Glitch on my first post...doh! Do you know about that glitch? It's an easy glitch to avoid (and you can even check at any point if you have it), but if you have it, you won't be able to complete any of D-Ice's 5 missions, and you'd need to re-do the starter save from scratch if you want to get 100%. Are you playing on PS2?

Argh, I also got that stupid hyman condo glitch on my first vice city save. Guess you can't have good glitches without the bad ones though, and I LOVE the good glitches.

Yeah, there's a nice special vehicles faq by Lancet Jades that tells you how to get all of them. It also tells you how to do the Car Crusher Glitch. Best glitch in the game. It even functions as an alternative way of accessing Staunton and Shoreside early and delivering cars to the Shoreside ImportExport.

bulgarian_kid
1 year ago#14
Luckily I encountered info on the purple nines glitch in RARusk's FAQ as I was checking on things I needed to do for the starter save. But I was going to make (and have now made) multiple copies of the starter save anyway, so I'm safe.

User Info: Wade_Parzival

Wade_Parzival
1 year ago#15
The purple 9's glitch is one of my most hated glitches. When this 1st came out I decided on my 2nd play-through that I was going to do everything and get a 100% save file. I was so pissed off when I went to do the missions and couldn't find a single purple 9 to kill for the 1st mission. Went online to see what was going on and found out about the glitch.

I never did compete the 100% save file.
Why are you even reading this?

bulgarian_kid
1 year ago#16
I should probably clarify that this is my first go with the game, but I cut my teeth in the 3d universe with 100%ing San Andreas, and have since 100%'d Vice City, so I figured what the heck I'll just do a starter save right off the bat, then enjoy the story missions.

BimmyLee
1 year ago#17
Good good. Gta3 only has 2 big potential problems and you have both covered now: PurpleNinesGlitch and mission-ordering.

Well, another smaller problem (which is common to all GTA games...at least the PS2 ones) is occasionally vehicles vanishing from garages. Keeping multiple saves helps mitigate that. (On a couple of occasions, somehow my car vanished from 2 saves at the same time, though.)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was your first playthrough, but good thing I was kind of careful with the spoilers anyway, haha.

@Wade_Parzival, I hope you can forgive the game for screwing you over and get 100% some day. 100%ing gta3 is just so quick and easy compared to SA, and even VC. The rewards for doing the side-stuff are so much better than in those games too.

User Info: Wade_Parzival

Wade_Parzival
11 months ago#18
@BimmyLee I've forgiven the game. Have played through the story missions many times since. Just couldn't stand those missions when you have to drive the Patriot or some other car around and get all the check points which is why I never got the 100%, took me a while to finally beat them the time I was going for it. I'm just horrible at those. I'm actually on the last mission of the game right now for the PS4. Plan on getting VC next and playing that again also.
Why are you even reading this?
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So I'm trying to do a master save file...
  • Topic Archived