• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. Um... what are you supposed to do in Patriot Playground?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#1
I don't get this mission. It tells me to go get the markers, but it doesn't explain how as they are all on slants or hills I can't get up to, and if I try to drop down, my Patriot flips over and goes boom. I either run out of time or the Patriot has exploded before I can even touch the fourth marker.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOqqiDdbQo

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#3
Okay, that makes a little more sense, but how is that person getting the car to drive up the wall like in 1:40? Also, there is no way the car would not have just stayed flipped over at 2:45 unless that person was using a cheat code.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!
That vehicle can climb like that and it didn’t look like he used any codes.

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#5
angel of death 44 posted...
That vehicle can climb like that and it didn’t look like he used any codes.

Then I'm doing something wrong because my vehicle slid right down the mountain, flipped over, and started burning.
I just did the last offroad mission. That s*** is rough.

User Info: BaronPraxis8492

BaronPraxis8492
1 year ago#7
Are you playing in the rain? I think that affects handling.
"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." - Thomas Hildern

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
1 year ago#8
These missions are pretty interesting. I remember that I hated them when the game was released, but then when I replayed it in 2010 or 2011 or something like that I found them to be one of the most awesome parts of the game. It's basically just about mastering the car, learning how much it can perform (which is, as mentioned, quite a bit more than it feels like), and then just being there. IN THAT MOMENT. Living just on the edge that is max performance; not underperforming, and not flipping it over. Keep it up and you'll get through it!
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. Um... what are you supposed to do in Patriot Playground?
  • Topic Archived