• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So uhhhh... without a map, how do you do plan out the ambulance missions?

User Info: Pirate_Harris

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#11
Dr_Kain posted...
Pirate_Harris posted...
5. Save your game every 2 missions (in case of crashes or power outages).

Every 2 missions? I save my game after every mission, if not a few times before I do a mission.

I've already down pretty much all of the side missions and stuff in Portland. The two RC ones, that annoying Patriot Playground, the ambulance, the vigilante ones, the firetruck ones, got 31 of the 33 packages, Rampage, and the stuff for El Burro and Marty. All that I have left to do now are the story ones. So the next time I play, I'm going to finish Joey's missions along with the other dudes that appear.

I see, have you done the unique stunt jumps in Portland?
They can be a major pain if you do them last on the count of you making a lot of enemies as the story progresses (guys with shotguns that destroy your car in seconds). Have you done the import side mission? It's the one at the docks near the crane and the warehouse with the list next to it. One is for emergency vehicles and the other is for civilian vehicles. If you are having trouble finding those vehicles replay vigilante or fire truck (by the way you have to do both vigilante and fire truck on every island to get the full rewards) and keep on the lookout for those vehicles during missions as well.
The save every 2 missions is just how I do things but what your doing is just fine.

I never could get to 100% but if you could do it I might give gta 3 a try again
In the land of the blind, The one eyed man is king.

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#12
Yeah, I forgot to list the stunt jumps. I did the 7 I could do (have to wait until the bridge is open to do the last one).

As for the import/car missions, I've taken the cars I can get right now. The Coach, Bobcat, Patriot, Pony, Moonbeam, Mule, Linerunner, Ambulance, firetruck, and cop car.

Obviously I have to wait until I access the other islands before I can acquire the tank and other police-esque cars. And so far the only Mr Whoopee I have encountered was the one El Burro had me blow up.

As for 100%, I'm aiming to Platinum the game, so I hope I can accomplish it. This is also the first time I'm playing the game seriously as the last time I played it (2008) I just played through the story and used the cheats. My biggest worry though is how I'm going to be able to do the final mission without the cheats, but I'll figure that out when I get there.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#13
Dr_Kain posted...
Yeah, I forgot to list the stunt jumps. I did the 7 I could do (have to wait until the bridge is open to do the last one).

As for the import/car missions, I've taken the cars I can get right now. The Coach, Bobcat, Patriot, Pony, Moonbeam, Mule, Linerunner, Ambulance, firetruck, and cop car.

Obviously I have to wait until I access the other islands before I can acquire the tank and other police-esque cars. And so far the only Mr Whoopee I have encountered was the one El Burro had me blow up.

As for 100%, I'm aiming to Platinum the game, so I hope I can accomplish it. This is also the first time I'm playing the game seriously as the last time I played it (2008) I just played through the story and used the cheats. My biggest worry though is how I'm going to be able to do the final mission without the cheats, but I'll figure that out when I get there.

The last mission is not easy but it is beatable without cheats, you just have to think on the fly as you know you lose your weapons.
If you can't find any stunts just look on the internet as there are maps of where the stunt jumps are but if you want to be a purist and not use maps just look around and you'll find some, some stunt jumps are not so obvious so look in back alleys and some shortcuts.
The import for Portland civilian vehicles is much more easy to deliver if you don't go through mafia territory so ignore the tunnel that leads to Staunton and just use the bridge.
If you are having trouble getting an fbi car just start rampaging where your Portland safe house is and as soon as a FBI car pops up kill the passengers and grab your police bribes to steal it without being bombarded with FBI on your tail. The enforcer has a fixed spawn as well as the barracks ol.
Have you finished the rampages on Portland?
The mafia don't shoot you on sight if you haven't completed last requests. You know you could just use the whoopee van that el burro gives you and store it in your garage and then blow it up in your garage to fail the mission and close your garage and it should be to able to be driven. The dodo is a pain to fly so if you don't know how just look on YouTube or drive the dodo carefully to Portland.

Using cheats isn't bad, I used them too. But I beat the game without them as well (not 100% but just the story).

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#14
I thought I mentioned I did the 6 rampages? Well whatever, I did.

I also ended up getting the Whoopee truck and a garbage truck yesterday, so those are off the list. I thought the FBI didn't show up though until you reach 4 stars? Isn't three the most you can do in Portland?

I pretty much finished up the missions for Joey and Toni yesterday, so I believe Salvatore is all I have left storywise.
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#15
Dr_Kain posted...
I thought I mentioned I did the 6 rampages? Well whatever, I did.

I also ended up getting the Whoopee truck and a garbage truck yesterday, so those are off the list. I thought the FBI didn't show up though until you reach 4 stars? Isn't three the most you can do in Portland?

I pretty much finished up the missions for Joey and Toni yesterday, so I believe Salvatore is all I have left storywise.

My bad I didn't see that and no the FBI show up at 5 stars, the swat show up at 4 which is the most you can do. By the way the enforcer is a great vehicle because when you get in one, it gives you full armour.
Make sure you got everything you need done in Portland except for the vehicle list because you should never visit Portland again after Salvatores last mission especially near st marks bistro.

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#16
Yeah, I remember what happened last time I played the game and went there. God that was a pain.

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#17
Dr_Kain posted...
Yeah, I remember what happened last time I played the game and went there. God that was a pain.

It is a pain and the only way to get in and out alive is with a bulletproof vehicle and I only know 1 vehicle that is bulletproof that you receive, Rays patriot. The only other vehicle is the rhino and the only way to get the rhino is on 6 stars which unlock after you unlock the last island or beat the game and it will be in Phils place on Staunton. So do you listen to the radio during gameplay or do you just turn it off? I prefer to listen to music because this game dispite not having a memorable soundtrack there are some radio stations with good music on them (mine being jah radio, flashback, msx, rise and lips).

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#18
It depends on what I'm doing really. IN this game I tend to stick between Chatterbox and Flashback, but depending on the mission type, I'll turn the radio off just to help me fully focus on my task. It's like when I'm at the gym. I can't stand it when people have their music or a TV on. I prefer to workout in silence.

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#19
That's understandable, I find chatterbox annoying at times but that's just me. So have you done the Toyz van missions? There are two in Portland (diablo destruction and mafia massacre) and a few more in the other islands. I find them fun since You can't screw up and die unless you blow your van up with the rc car. You know the hidden packages in this game is much more easier to find than in vice city or liberty city stories as they are mostly on the ground and only a few of them are in rocky areas in the water.

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#20
It was quite funny as I was really worried about the rc toy missions since they are tough in both Vice City and San Andreas and then I walk into the van and it just tells me to blow up some cars. I was like, "Is that it? There has to be a catch? Does it have to be 10 cars? 50 cars?" Then when I did the Diablos one, I only found 3 cars but still passed the mission.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So uhhhh... without a map, how do you do plan out the ambulance missions?
  • Topic Archived