• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So uhhhh... without a map, how do you do plan out the ambulance missions?

User Info: Dr_Kain

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#1
This is the first time I'm playing the game in 10 years, and the first time I will be going for 100% completion. However, how the hell am I supposed to do the ambulance missions if I can't properly plan out my route?
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

User Info: BimmyLee

BimmyLee
1 year ago#2
Yeah, lack of full map is not ideal, but Portland's layout is quite simple so once you familiarize with it it's no problem; the blips on the minimap usually give you enough info on the location of the patients. Usually many patients spawn at Saint Marks, just north of the hospital; these are the ones I usually go for first...build me a nice time cushion and work out the rest from there.

Do them in Portland, it's much easier there (do it before the mafia hates you. Ideally, before the Triads hate you as well).
Staunton has some confusing overpasses, a bad hospital entrance, and Cartel idiots shooting at you around the construction site. Some people prefer it over Portland.
Shorside has a terrible split layout and, again, lots of Cartel idiots.

Gently rub the Ambulance's doors against a wall so they come off; it'll save time when picking-up/delivering patients.

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#3
Yeah, I'm planning to do all of the ambulance, vigilante, taxi, and firefighter missions before I even touch the story missions. Hell, I already got 28 of the packages across Portland. The rest are ones I need to wait for the story to acquire (or figure out as is the case with the Pharmaceticals one).
Don't like my opinion? Cry to the mods like the ***** you are to have my post removed since that is what cry babies do!

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#4
Okay, I'm sorry dude, but I can't do it without being able to pre-plan. I have been trying the missions for 2 hours now and the highest I made it was to Levl 8 before I screwed up because I ended up picking up a dude earlier on in the map and there were 3 guys far out that I didn't know about. As such, I could only pick 2 of them up and ran out of time during the last jaunt when I had to go all of the way back to the opposite side of the map for the third. This would have never happened if I could have just paused the damn game to look at where they were all located at the start.

User Info: domine_dragon

domine_dragon
1 year ago#5
I don't plan it out

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#6
Not sure how you can pass it then, but it doesn't matter, I finally ended up doing it after 3 more hours of trying.

User Info: KillboyPowahead

KillboyPowahead
1 year ago#7
Did it feel good?
WORK. BUY. CONSUME. DIE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n0JlIMozgI

User Info: bancheedriver

bancheedriver
1 year ago#8
Well I'm glad you were able to do it. I know it sucks with no map, but obviously people managed just fine without it.
I'll stick with gin, champagne is just ginger ale that knows somebody-Hawkeye

User Info: Pirate_Harris

Pirate_Harris
1 year ago#9
If your really gonna go for 100%, here are some things you should do:

1. Stock up on ammunition (this ain't vice city, every weapon can be picked up and used and that includes heavy weapons).
2. Drive fast but smart (know your layout, it helps to do taxi first).
3. The M4 is a tough beast to aim (fire in short bursts to maximise on your ammo consumption).
4. Don't randomise what missions your gonna do (certain missions lock out others).
5. Save your game every 2 missions (in case of crashes or power outages).
6. Memorise vehicle spawns (it helps to get better cars and some cars do have certain spawn points, remember them so your not stuck with something bad).
7. Memorise weapon spawns (free ammunition).
8. Getting wasted or busted is not all bad, use it as a learning tool (trial and error).

Hope this helps
In the land of the blind, The one eyed man is king.

Dr_Kain
1 year ago#10
Pirate_Harris posted...
5. Save your game every 2 missions (in case of crashes or power outages).

Every 2 missions? I save my game after every mission, if not a few times before I do a mission.

I've already down pretty much all of the side missions and stuff in Portland. The two RC ones, that annoying Patriot Playground, the ambulance, the vigilante ones, the firetruck ones, got 31 of the 33 packages, Rampage, and the stuff for El Burro and Marty. All that I have left to do now are the story ones. So the next time I play, I'm going to finish Joey's missions along with the other dudes that appear.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto III
  3. So uhhhh... without a map, how do you do plan out the ambulance missions?
  • Topic Archived