• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Zoneblast

Zoneblast
10 years ago#1
My problem is actually with the xbox version of GTA:3, but since they are the exact same game, and this board is a little more lively compared to the xbox board, I thought I should ask here. When I climb inside taxis the missions are available if you press X (R3) doesn't even show up, although the R3 missions work for paramedic and vigilante :/ Has anyone had this problem before and can I fix it? I haven't used any cheats or glitches that I'm aware of that would cause any abnormalities like this... :(

User Info: Nukey_Shay

Nukey_Shay
10 years ago#2
So what happens when you are in an Ambulance or police vehicle near a Taxi, HOLD DOWN the sub-mission trigger and exit that vehicle, and enter the Taxi before releasing the sub-mission trigger? That might allow the sub-mission to begin if there is a problem with the triggering routine.

Does this problem affect the old coupe-style Cabbie as well, or just the more modern-looking Taxi? I'm aware that you can't check the Borgnine cab until you've actually finished the 100 fares, but the yellow ones that it's modelled after should appear in the game occasionally.

Does your game offer multiple control setups? PS2 offers 4 configurations for "on foot" and "in car" modes. You might want to double-check that in the pause menu.

User Info: Zoneblast

Zoneblast
10 years ago#3
All available taxis won't allow the mission to start, and I just tried holding x while in an ambulance and a police cruiser and getting into the a taxi, and it didn't work :/ I think I'm just going to have to start a new file D:

User Info: Nukey_Shay

Nukey_Shay
10 years ago#4
Sorry, I've never heard of this type of glitch before...especially if starting a new game corrects the problem.

User Info: Xombie_Slaya

Xombie_Slaya
10 years ago#5
It's a save file corruption. The only thing you can do is restart the saveblock by deleting it and starting fresh. It sucks, but it happens on both PS2 and Xbox.
Drugs are a bet with your mind. - Jim Morrison
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A