• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Gambits randomly attacking party

User Info: ContraPop

ContraPop
1 month ago#1
I have been playing this game since the day it came out and have never seen this before. I have Vaan set with the Gambit: Foe:lowest HP - Blizzaga. Every so often, Vaan uses the spell on one of my other party members and kills them. Anyone ever have this problem before?

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
1 month ago#2
Check if your target has Reflect, perhaps?
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.

ContraPop
1 month ago#3
Good suggestion (didn’t even think of that) but the enemies it was happening with were Brainpans. At least according to wiki they can’t even have reflect. It’s so weird! I’m trying to learn the OOA speed run strats and this is what they do and never have the problem either.

User Info: BetaSquadron

BetaSquadron
1 month ago#4
Brainpans have Confuse

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII_enemy_abilities#Screech

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII_enemy_abilities#Eerie_Soundwave
(edited 1 month ago)

ContraPop
1 month ago#5
Interesting. I always thought confused characters only did physical attacks but maybe I’m wrong?

User Info: Terragent

Terragent
1 month ago#6
Are you recording this? Maybe share the footage when it happens (including cutting to your Gambit list after an errant spell to confirm exactly what gambits you have set); might make it a bit simpler for folks to puzzle out the reasons.
The person who respects the letter of the law but not the spirit is a person with no justice in their heart.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Gambits randomly attacking party
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A