• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Is there a better way to advance your position on the Cure List?

User Info: crazy4rpg

crazy4rpg
6 months ago#1
I know casting Cure moves you one space, and punching yourself moves you ten spaces down the list. But occasionally a combo will screw me up. Even if I enter the menu and switch weapons to prevent a combo it still apparently counts the combo meaning I'll end up anywhere between 20 to 50 spaces away from where I want to be.

Are their safer ways to advance down the list?

I've learned Float jumps me 6 spaces down the list.

What if I used Rods? They apparently do not combo.

Also what's the magic numbers to force the Zodiac Escutcheon chest to spawn in Barheim? That thing is ticking me off.
Life is a game. It's freeware which is why it sucks.

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
5 months ago#2
The best method I know is hitting yourself with crossbows. It's relatively fast and always jumps 8. That's what I used to get down to position 13 thousand-something for perfect Balthier/Fran starting stats. I measured how many hits I could do per minute at top battle speed, then calculated about how much time I'd need, ran it on a gambit for just shy of that time, then checked the position and advanced manually from there.

Although I didn't realize rods don't combo... is that right? If not, melee weapons have shorter charge times than ranged so that probably would be better.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: crazy4rpg

crazy4rpg
5 months ago#3
Rods don't combo as far as I know, but I'm not sure if critical hits effect anything.

Holy Rod and a White Mask/Sage Ring should be perfect for advancing down the Cure List without having to worry about a combo screwing your position up. I'll have to test it next time I get a long day off...which should be Tuesday or Wednesday.

And I also learned I was slightly wrong about Float. It actually advances two spaces per party member. So it's still 6 max but only if you have a full party out.
Life is a game. It's freeware which is why it sucks.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Is there a better way to advance your position on the Cure List?
  • Post New Message