• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I actually loved this game

User Info: guy12345

guy12345
9 months ago#1
So I am now a (sadly) old man of almost 40, and grew up loving FF. I played every one when they came out from the original up to this one, befre going on a decade-plus hiatus from gaming which I'm now getting back into.

Anyway, 12 is sort of forgotten I feel among FF fans, not really hated or loved. But I remember really loving this game. X had a better story, but the game iself was far worse. XII was an amazing game, with an ok story. I feel if they gave this game a fantastic story it would be rated among the all time greats

User Info: Matthew89924

Matthew89924
9 months ago#2
Honestly I agree with you. I love XII and am convieniently playing it while typing this xD.

I know lots of people liked it but I am unsure of how many people still play it like I do.

guy12345
9 months ago#3
Awesome!

User Info: Vale_Gorgoth

Vale_Gorgoth
9 months ago#4
XII is great, and there are loads of fans still remembering it and talking about it over on the Zodiac Age boards. Don't really know how I ended up here lol. Can't expect a booming ps2 sector man.

guy12345
9 months ago#5
I'm a a loser

User Info: Moomba33

Moomba33
9 months ago#6
XII is fun.
I appreciate how much there is to explore and do.

At the same time though it's not one I feel like replaying often. I didn't get as attached to the characters as I did in other FFs.
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie

guy12345
9 months ago#7
Yeah the game itself is very fun, but a bit lacking in story/characters

User Info: Fallacia

Fallacia
9 months ago#8
In my top 5, legit
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

User Info: EgoKiller801

EgoKiller801
9 months ago#9
guy12345 posted...
I'm a a loser

Shut up, no you're not! You're a solid fella, and we like you.

I've had a weird history with this game to be honest. I was obsessed with the series, but I was kind of indifferent towards this one before I bought it. Maybe that was the fact I was really starting to get slammed with adulthood and becoming a parent and just didn't have as much interest. When I bought it and started playing it I was honestly a bit bothered by it. Didn't care for the combat, the gambit system, and felt like the chocobos, moogles, and everything else 'traditionally final fantasy' were changed a bit too dramatically. I stopped around the Sandsea. The next time I played it I forced myself to finish it and I loved it. Once I understood all of the systems in place, it really felt fluid and fun.

I was never able to turn around my opinion of FF XIII, even after beating it twice, so this is kind of where the series ends for me. I see FF XII as a pretty solid swan song for the series. It doesn't approach my top, that's reserved for FF IX, V, and VI, but it's solidly in that second tier for me.

I bought The Zodiac Age on PC last year. I got to the Sandsea before giving it up. I'm just not a big fan of the job system, I just think it doesn't suit this game. Really wish it were like the FF X remasters in that you could choose the original or remastered setup like FF X lets you choose between Normal and Expert Sphere Grid. Ah well, maybe some animal will mod the game eventually to make it happen. I guess I'll just stick with the PS2 version.
https://i.imgur.com/YOs6vEi.png?1

guy12345
9 months ago#10
EgoKiller801 posted...
guy12345 posted...
I'm a a loser

Shut up, no you're not! You're a solid fella, and we like you.

I've had a weird history with this game to be honest. I was obsessed with the series, but I was kind of indifferent towards this one before I bought it. Maybe that was the fact I was really starting to get slammed with adulthood and becoming a parent and just didn't have as much interest. When I bought it and started playing it I was honestly a bit bothered by it. Didn't care for the combat, the gambit system, and felt like the chocobos, moogles, and everything else 'traditionally final fantasy' were changed a bit too dramatically. I stopped around the Sandsea. The next time I played it I forced myself to finish it and I loved it. Once I understood all of the systems in place, it really felt fluid and fun.

I was never able to turn around my opinion of FF XIII, even after beating it twice, so this is kind of where the series ends for me. I see FF XII as a pretty solid swan song for the series. It doesn't approach my top, that's reserved for FF IX, V, and VI, but it's solidly in that second tier for me.

I bought The Zodiac Age on PC last year. I got to the Sandsea before giving it up. I'm just not a big fan of the job system, I just think it doesn't suit this game. Really wish it were like the FF X remasters in that you could choose the original or remastered setup like FF X lets you choose between Normal and Expert Sphere Grid. Ah well, maybe some animal will mod the game eventually to make it happen. I guess I'll just stick with the PS2 version.

I agree with this. I also stopped playing at XII because I was in my late 20s at the time and short of fell out of gaming around then. Now that I'm back into it I want to play FF XIII and XV.

VI is my favorite
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I actually loved this game
  • Topic Archived