• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Why do people say FF9 is underrated, when it's obviously FF12?

User Info: aspilanti84

aspilanti84
4 years ago#1
FF9 is given so much undue praise for being an OK game that people will look back at it as overrated. 12, however, is very underrated because very little people talk about it and pass it up.

My only hope is...good.

No fanboys for 12.

Just fans.

We don't need 12 to go the way of being overrated.

User Info: drbretto

drbretto
4 years ago#2
FF9 is overrated. It doesn't hold up well at all and the advancement system was a huge step backwards. It has some charm and it's not the worst way to spend 40 hours but nostaliga seems to be boosting this game's value more than it deserves. I can't play it for very long without falling asleep. The combat is repetitive and boring.

All that said, I would love to see a remake at some point if FFVII does well. But with a few more payers of complexity on the advancement system.

User Info: FalxXD

FalxXD
4 years ago#3
Check 1truths Twitter. He said even though he likes 12 more... 9 is better.

Mind = blown?
I was modded once for saying please understand, when I challenged it the mod said please understand.

User Info: razzyhealer

razzyhealer
4 years ago#4
Thanks to my friend, I'm actually much more in love with FFXII now. I specifically want the Zodiac Job System, though. It would make the game so much more interesting...
3DS FC: 5386 - 8214 - 7883

User Info: aspilanti84

aspilanti84
4 years ago#5
raazychx posted...
Thanks to my friend, I'm actually much more in love with FFXII now. I specifically want the Zodiac Job System, though. It would make the game so much more interesting...

Maybe they'll remake it soon someday?
I wanted to save the mermaids at the bottom of the seafloor, so I made this submarine out of a barrel.
- Crazy lady in Onrac (Final Fantasy I)

User Info: razzyhealer

razzyhealer
4 years ago#6
aspilanti84 posted...
raazychx posted...

Maybe they'll remake it soon someday?

Rumors say yes. We just don't know which system.
3DS FC: 5386 - 8214 - 7883

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
4 years ago#7
yay. expanding your trolldom. jesus. do you really have to post the exact same handful of words in a dozen topics on every board?
Sentry3X8A Dg Lvl23 522 hp S42 Hit%101 Mdef72 Abs54 Dmg50
161219XP 3527g 3H 3P 1Pa Ice[S] Stl[A] Slv[Sh] Slv[H] Slv[G]+L mako, Drg[S], ore

User Info: Lord-of-Valeria

Lord-of-Valeria
4 years ago#8
because more than one thing can be underrated
Official Judge (sal) of the Final Fantasy XV Board.
CP - Pokemon: Omega Ruby, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Borderlands: Handsome Collection

User Info: Little_masters

Little_masters
4 years ago#9
Never have finished ix.. I like it.. just like it. But yeah battle system so boring but everything else is awesome i love the soundtrack, the char, because i have the digital copy someday ill finish what i started..

But sure ffxii is so underated just because its kind of different than the other ff.. The map, battle system, too much quest that doesn't have anything to do with main story, bad summon and haters gonna go on like forever.. But despite of that xii still the best for me..

For dificulty reason, exploration, various party set up (ijzs), 13 cool esper battle with the best battle soundtrack, and sakimoto is the best ff composer followed by nobuo uematsu.. Normaly this is not what ff fanboy looking for..

User Info: drbretto

drbretto
4 years ago#10
Little_masters posted...
Never have finished ix.. I like it.. just like it..

Yes, that is the best way I can think of to describe it. There are those out there who look back on FFIX as some kind of beacon of how they did it right back in the day and I'm 99% sure that's the rose colored glasses. It's a GOOD game. It's got some decent moments, a decent story, the chocobo hot and cold game was a decent mini game and I liked the chocographs, it was very rewarding and didn't feel like a chore. I LIKED a lot about it, but there's nothing great here. The game dragggged on at points. The battle system was a bit simplistic and grinding your way with a crappy weapon for an ability was just annoying. If I get a new weapon, I want to f'n use it.

And again, my most vivid memories of this game are from falling asleep while grinding. It's the only one I never personally beat (though while hanging out with a friend I let him take over and finish it up for me so we could see the ending)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Why do people say FF9 is underrated, when it's obviously FF12?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A