• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Why Do People Hate Vaan and Penelo's Character? At Least They're Not Zidane...
(message deleted)

User Info: drbretto

drbretto
6 years ago#2
Is there no FFIX forum or something?

drbretto
6 years ago#3
I'll answer your question though:

PEople don't like Vaan or Penelo because they are empty vessels.

People like Zidane because he has charm.

That's also why he's always chatting up the ladies.

I feel fairly confident that he did not molest Vivi.

And he's transgendered? Did I miss some subtext?

Edit: Actually, the funny thing is, it's actaully pretty clear by the context of the story that he DOES hit on girls to get over things and forget his tragedies, they just don't beat you over the head with it.
(message deleted)

drbretto
6 years ago#5
Well, it's half in your own post. You see him reverting back to those habits every time something tragic happens. It's pretty textbook, actually. Or, I should say, at least psychologically accurate.

User Info: Walt28

Walt28
6 years ago#6
No offense, but I think it's just a minority of angry nerds who dislike these characters.

Hell, almost all of the characters from FFXII are awesome when you remove their dialogue. Even Balthier is an awesome character when he isn't saying s*** that sounds blatantly obnoxious and as if he's reading directly from a script. Good lord this is s***ty writing.

I want to say the same thing about NCIS. The show is terrific and the characters are pretty solid. But, holy s*** that show is filled with cliched dialogue.

Zidane isn't a bad character in the slightest. FFIX may not have the best story, but the dialogue and characters and story are hardly the real problem with that game.

Vaan and Penelo? Vaan is a representation of the hardships of youth. He's a picturesque character of someone walking by the side of the road trying to hitch a ride and gets himself dragged into a crazy adventure. Penelo is the embodiment of a young woman growing up in the world and becoming a mature human being.

You know what the problem is? The f***ing story blows. It does nothing to develop these characters.

Hell look at Basch. He's the most one note boring f***ing character in this entire series. He is cliched beyond all belief, has an incredibly sexist design and has the personality of a block of wood.

In all seriousness, FFXII has good characters overall. It's the f***ing writing that sucks so much. And Zidane is in no way a bad character.
- Additude is Commodity.
- Placing importance on the random junk people say on the internet is a bad habit to begin with.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
6 years ago#7
The party members in XII are ugly, except Balthier, those costumes so horrible

User Info: ZLuxray626

ZLuxray626
6 years ago#8
drbretto posted...
Is there no FFIX forum or something?

There is, and TC trolls there often.
Final Fantasy Record Keeper: Tyro/Sentinel Grimoire - QjcW

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
6 years ago#9
Zidane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vaan and Penelo.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
6 years ago#10
Even as a Juventus fan in the past, I still never like Zinedine Zidane
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Why Do People Hate Vaan and Penelo's Character? At Least They're Not Zidane...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A