• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. October 31: The 7th Anniversary of FFXII first releasing in English!

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
Feel free to post a comment on your views on this underrated masterpiece.

For me, FFXII will always be the game that showed the direction JRPGs needed to head down in order to stay relevant this gen (PS3/360/Wii). Had more JRPGs evolved off FFXII, the genre wouldn't be in the mess it is now. Xenoblade evolved off FFXII and thus went on to become to most critically acclaimed console JRPG this gen. In that sense, FFXII may not be universally liked by the FF fanbase, but the path it took the FF series down was vindicated. It was one that would ensure mainline FF would survive this gen. The game is truly an unsung champion and one that had tremendous foresight of the upcoming WRPG onslaught on consoles that began with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I have hope that FFXVI will be the mainline FF that follows in FFXII's footsteps. Hiroyuki Ito will direct, Yasumi Matsuno will freelance write, and the game will greatly evolve off the FFXII game design, battle system, and world scale. That's the FFXII successor all Ivalice Alliance fans are waiting for.

FFXII will always be a special gaming experience for me.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

User Info: BSBladeSwordman

BSBladeSwordman
5 years ago#2
Well how about that? Happy birthday Final Fantasy XII, one of my favourite games. I bought this and Valkyrie Profile 2 on the same day about 7 years ago. When's the anniversary of you not releasing your Zodiac Brave Theory though? I can't wait for the seventh anniversary of that.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Gene Hackman, The Royal Tenenbaums

1Truth
5 years ago#3
BSBladeSwordman posted...
Well how about that? Happy birthday Final Fantasy XII, one of my favourite games. I bought this and Valkyrie Profile 2 on the same day about 7 years ago. When's the anniversary of you not releasing your Zodiac Brave Theory though? I can't wait for the seventh anniversary of that.

I hope they release a FFXII HD Remaster in the near future. As for my Zodiac Brave Theory, it will be released when I have the drive to support it.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013

BSBladeSwordman
5 years ago#4
I must admit though I really enjoy reading you and other people post about it and I want to thank you and everyone else involved in giving me this enjoyment. You've inspired me, and I've decided I'm gonna write my own essay. Its going to be about your the topics you've created and the posts on them and why they made me laugh so much. And I'm going to talk about it for a year and hype it up and then not release it ever.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive! I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!" - Gene Hackman, The Royal Tenenbaums

1Truth
5 years ago#5
I must admit though I really enjoy reading you and other people post about it and I want to thank you and everyone else involved in giving me this enjoyment. You've inspired me, and I've decided I'm gonna write my own essay. Its going to be about your the topics you've created and the posts on them and why they made me laugh so much. And I'm going to talk about it for a year and hype it up and then not release it ever.

Good luck with that.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

BSBladeSwordman
5 years ago#6
Ya I'd like to see an HD release. I'll agree. I'd really like an HD english release of Final Fantasy XII International. Zodiac Job Story because I've never played it and would like to play it. I'd like to know why they made a game called Final Fantasy XII International and then not release it internationally. Kind of reminds me of you.

1Truth
5 years ago#7
Ya I'd like to see an HD release. I'll agree. I'd really like an HD english release of Final Fantasy XII International. Zodiac Job Story because I've never played it and would like to play it. I'd like to know why they made a game called Final Fantasy XII International and then not release it internationally. Kind of reminds me of you.

If they release a FFXII HD Remaster on PS3, I hope they add some new ganeplay elements to make up for the lack of a FFXII-2.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

BSBladeSwordman
5 years ago#8
I'm gonna give you advice. I don't hate you or anything man, like I said I enjoyed reading your topics and stuff. But you need to not care what people think about you or the things you say. If you really believe in your theory, and its really a thing, you should just release it. Just put it out there into the universe. Opinions are subjective. There's always going to be people who disagree with you. There's no way to avoid that accept maybe by not coming to GameFAQs. Thats kinda a bad place to go for that. But if you believe in your opinions it shouldn't matter what others think. Who cares. Do songwriters not write songs because they're afraid some people won't like them? Don't let the fear of what other people think of you prevent you from doing what you want to do.

The very purpose of an essay is to explain something. So basically your essay should in essence explain itself. An essay explains a point of view. You're afraid people will disagree with your point of view? So what? Why does everyone have to agree with you? You'll never get everyone to agree on anything. If your essay is real release it. If its not stop talking about it. If you don't know when you are releasing it now you should probably change your sig. Tomorrow is November 2013 you know.

1Truth
5 years ago#9
I'm gonna give you advice. I don't hate you or anything man, like I said I enjoyed reading your topics and stuff. But you need to not care what people think about you or the things you say. If you really believe in your theory, and its really a thing, you should just release it. Just put it out there into the universe. Opinions are subjective. There's always going to be people who disagree with you. There's no way to avoid that accept maybe by not coming to GameFAQs. Thats kinda a bad place to go for that. But if you believe in your opinions it shouldn't matter what others think. Who cares. Do songwriters not write songs because they're afraid some people won't like them? Don't let the fear of what other people think of you prevent you from doing what you want to do.

The very purpose of an essay is to explain something. So basically your essay should in essence explain itself. An essay explains a point of view. You're afraid people will disagree with your point of view? So what? Why does everyone have to agree with you? You'll never get everyone to agree on anything. If your essay is real release it. If its not stop talking about it. If you don't know when you are releasing it now you should probably change your sig. Tomorrow is November 2013 you know.

Thanks for advice and support. I still plan to release my theory in November, so I don't play to change my sig just yet. :-)
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
5 years ago#10
1Truth posted...
I still plan to release my theory in November

hahah. just not November 2013 anymore. just like not in November 2012 either. hey, what happened to that OTHER redundant topic of yours where you just copy-pasted your own trolling? oh, what? it got modded for blatant trolling? maybe you should just STOP making the same topic over and over and over. like this one as well. "I like final fantasy XII" is not really a legitimate discussion topic AGAIN, now is it? and lo and behold, all it does is dive back into "hey, thanks for the lengthy troll let's reference your nonexistent thesis" which is your real desire, but if you titled the topic that, it'd get modded again, now wouldn't it.

go away Galvanization. go coat something in zinc.
Sentry3X8A Dg Lvl23 522 hp S42 Hit%101 Mdef72 Abs54 Dmg50
161219XP 3527g 3H 3P 1Pa Ice[S] Stl[A] Slv[Sh] Slv[H] Slv[G]+L mako, Drg[S], ore
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. October 31: The 7th Anniversary of FFXII first releasing in English!
  • Topic Archived