• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Seriously, where is Hiroyuki Ito (Director and Game Designer of FFXII)?

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
6 years ago#1
As of July 2013, Hiroyuki Ito is still working for Square Enix, but the last FF he worked on was FFXII International, which released way back in August 2007! Why hasn't the man worked on any FF games since then? He has not worked on a single FF game (console or handheld) this entire gen!

Does this not bother any other FFXII fans? That the Director and Game Designer of the game we all love so much has not been involved in a FF since FFXII came out? By the looks of things, he has zero involvement in FFXV, too. WTF happened to his career on FF?

It's about time we FFXII fans started e-mailing and tweeting Square Enix and demanded some answers! This s*** is getting way past ridiculous.
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.

User Info: jessevale

jessevale
6 years ago#2
I thought you knew what he was up to this whole time? Because you're his best friend and all.

Also when's that Vaan report supposed to come out? Keeping busy I hope.

(Go back to XV board).
Eagerly awaiting FFXIV's inevitable failure. Even a fantastic game cannot withstand initial bad press & the long-dead MMO format. Sad but true.

User Info: PrinceofLight99

PrinceofLight99
6 years ago#3
I think we all understand by now that SE can do nothing except sink money into experiments bound for failure.

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
6 years ago#4
he is in the midgar swamp. anticipating your "college level" transcript about a video game. he'll pop up when you "publish" to review it.
Sentry3X8A Dg Lvl23 522 hp S42 Hit%101 Mdef72 Abs54 Dmg50
156021xp 1693g 7H 3P 1Pa Ice[S] Stl[A] Slv[Sh] Slv[H] Slv[G]+L mako, Drg[S], ore

1Truth
6 years ago#5
jessevale posted...
Also when's that Vaan report supposed to come out? Keeping busy I hope.

People are still asking about this? It's never coming out. Most of y'all didn't think it existed, anyway. That said, my main reason for cancelling it is because it would've been published the same month LR FFXIII releases in Japan. It would have simply got lost in all the interest and hype for a new offline FF.

User Info: Mr Hangman

Mr Hangman
6 years ago#6
lol, of course. Your earth-shattering theory will never be released because it would be swept up in hype for something unrelated that the handful of people here who would have seen it probably don't even care about. How convenient.
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune

User Info: verylatebloomer

verylatebloomer
6 years ago#7
1Truth posted...
People are still asking about this?

I think what you mean is "People have memories longer than goldfish, and rather than taking me seriously on my THIRD account created solely because I have offended enough people as to NEVER be taken seriously, they continue to point out that I am simply trolling ALL THE TIME because I have multiple times established myself as such and they want the community at large to be aware of this before getting sucked into any of my topics?"

in that case,

YES.
Sentry3X8A Dg Lvl23 522 hp S42 Hit%101 Mdef72 Abs54 Dmg50
156021xp 1693g 7H 3P 1Pa Ice[S] Stl[A] Slv[Sh] Slv[H] Slv[G]+L mako, Drg[S], ore

1Truth
6 years ago#8
Mr Hangman posted...
lol, of course. Your earth-shattering theory will never be released because it would be swept up in hype for something unrelated that the handful of people here who would have seen it probably don't even care about. How convenient.

I just feel like the impact of the thesis will be watered down due to it releasing around the same time as a new FF game. After all, this discovery is pretty big and turning point of how FFXII will be viewed. It wouldn't be right to publish it when most FF fans (including those that enjoyed FFXII) have their attention elsewhere.

Basically, if I'm still going to publish my thesis, I'm going to have to push it forward a few weeks so it doesn't clash with when LR FFXIII releases in Japan.

User Info: Draconic_Seed

Draconic_Seed
6 years ago#9
1Truth posted...
Mr Hangman posted...

I just feel like the impact of the thesis will be watered down due to it releasing around the same time as a new FF game. After all, this discovery is pretty big and turning point of how FFXII will be viewed. It wouldn't be right to publish it when most FF fans (including those that enjoyed FFXII) have their attention elsewhere.

Basically, if I'm still going to publish my thesis, I'm going to have to push it forward a few weeks so it doesn't clash with when LR FFXIII releases in Japan.

You're really in love with yourself, aren't you?

1Truth
6 years ago#10
Draconic_Seed posted...
You're really in love with yourself, aren't you?

Nope. I don't know what gave you that impression.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Seriously, where is Hiroyuki Ito (Director and Game Designer of FFXII)?
  • Topic Archived