• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I just had a shocking discovery about FFXII. (SPOILERS)

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
ORIGINAL POST (9/24/2012)

Wow! Just... Wow!

Matsuno you are a genius! A complete genius!

This has to be the most important realisation about FFXII since this game was released. Every FFXII fan will herald this discovery as a new dawn in how FFXII is appreciated on a narrative level.

I'm not throwing hyperbole. This really has to be the most genius writing and narrative I've seen in any video game. This game truly was Matsuno's magnum opus and final masterpiece.

I will prepare a detailed write up of my discovery and post it. It will include screenshots and videos to further explain my point. I will hopefully have it posted on the FFXII board in late October, just in time for the 6th Anniversary of the release of FFXII in North America.

----------

UPDATE (2/10/2013)

I recently gave a draft copy of this discovery to a fellow FFXII fan I know IRL. Here's what he told me upon reading it:

"Before I read your discovery, I always thought FFXII had a great story. However, after reading it, I now think FFXII could possibly have one of the greatest video game stories of all time. How the **** could I not have noticed this hidden truth about the game? Matsuno is a genius! You really need to publish this, man. The FF fanbase needs to see it. This could change the overall reception of FFXII."

There you have it. This discovery could really be a turning point in how FFXII will be received by the FF fanbase on a narrative level. I will publish it only when it reads eloquently and has a good volume. Please continue to look forward to it. Thank you.
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.

User Info: j-fielding95

j-fielding95
5 years ago#2
OMG! The anticipation is palpable! I cannot wait for this astonishing discovery to be laid bare!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s

User Info: kupo1705

kupo1705
5 years ago#3
I know what is it!

Balthier shot first.

1Truth
5 years ago#4
j-fielding95 posted...
OMG! The anticipation is palpable! I cannot wait for this astonishing discovery to be laid bare!

The wait will be worth it, bro. Just be thankful I won't be charging for the article. LOL!

User Info: Ultimate_Finale

Ultimate_Finale
5 years ago#5
kupo1705 posted...
I know what is it!

Balthier shot first.

XFD
Now Playing: P4G (VITA), Ni no Kuni (PS3), DmC (360)
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif

User Info: Tobi011

Tobi011
5 years ago#6
TC, you should be a Scientist.

1Truth
5 years ago#7
Tobi011 posted...
TC, you should be a Scientist.

When I was writing my original draft, it often felt like I was writing some sort of new theory. LOL!

My discovery is not merely about FFXII, though. It also has some spill over into gaming narrative in general and also gaming sociology and the psychology of modern gamers. It's pretty deep.

User Info: sevihaimerej

sevihaimerej
5 years ago#8
Matsuno, is that you?
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis

1Truth
5 years ago#9
sevihaimerej posted...
Matsuno, is that you?

Nope, just a fan of his work.

User Info: sevihaimerej

sevihaimerej
5 years ago#10
1Truth posted...
sevihaimerej posted...
Matsuno, is that you?

Nope, just a fan of his work.

Oh. Just Galvanization.
The Official Harihara of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"Oh God! I was just imagining if dogs could talk."-Zach Galifianakis
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I just had a shocking discovery about FFXII. (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived