• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Perfect Game Part 6

User Info: Fehlany

Fehlany
5 years ago#351
ShinGouken posted...
Your updates are a s*** ton more interesting to read than mine have been for a long time.

My update...

Up to 86million Gil

=P

Keep in mind, too, that I've recently read through (and made a couple notes from) the ENTIRE PG thread... all 6 parts :) So they're all still a bit fresh to me. I just wish I had some kind of recording setup. My 'dumb monster' and 'slow flyer' strategies might make decent videos. I don't recall seeing them mentioned before. 'Dumb monster' would probably be wonderful for LLGs.
As the shadows crept deeper into my mind, I realized I just didn't really care....

Fehlany
5 years ago#352
<-- Stupid. lol

SO I remembered, again, what my +2 STR Accessory is actually meant for. Because it cost me another pain in the a** chain. 32-chain/lvl 2 of Dive Talons, and what's Vaan's dumb self do? Counters a Wolf :/ So I probably didn't accidentally attack a Cactoid I was stealing from, I just missed the 'Counter' message. Blah.

Oh well, Burning Bows can wait till they're buyable, or I get one by luck. Mayhem and Massacre it is! Besides, I get Lindbur spawns this way.
As the shadows crept deeper into my mind, I realized I just didn't really care....

User Info: TrystXII

TrystXII
5 years ago#353
Fehlany posted...
SO I remembered, again, what my +2 STR Accessory is actually meant for. Because it cost me another pain in the a** chain. 32-chain/lvl 2 of Dive Talons, and what's Vaan's dumb self do? Counters a Wolf :/ So I probably didn't accidentally attack a Cactoid I was stealing from, I just missed the 'Counter' message. Blah.

Had that happen to me many times! I found this is the best way to find Burning Bow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW6pI6HW2iA
I suppose if you're able to chain them already it isn't too much of a problem though. I was far too weak to kill them without Motes at this point.
"Even a caged bird needs wings."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TrystXII

Fehlany
5 years ago#354
TrystXII posted...
Had that happen to me many times! I found this is the best way to find Burning Bow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW6pI6HW2iA
I suppose if you're able to chain them already it isn't too much of a problem though. I was far too weak to kill them without Motes at this point.

I saw that when I checked out your channel before, actually. I found it much easier and faster to work that same Talon with Quickies. Chain it once (probably won't die), lead it back to GCR, slip back and soon as screen resolves, hit it again. Since Quickie CT=0, probably won't even take a hit. I pre-empted a couple Kamikazes doing that. Took me 3-4 Quickies per kill at level 14. Soft reset till you get a Bow, since you can't build a chain using the GCR, anyways. At that level, I was saving before soft resetting, since that 2k EXP was MONSTROUS. lol Took me a couple hours. Depending on 1% drop, though, with 3-5 minutes per kill (that's a lot of animation :/), its possible it could take over 8-9 hours with bad luck, according to the maths. But in your video, you were soft resetting your Mote stock anyways, and this eliminates farming the Motes, AND you can keep the EXP :)

P.S. I use that same leading trick to vastly reduce the attack opportunities the bird has. It seems unable to close the distance enough if you score a knockback on it, and you can pre-empt Kamikaze this way too. KB of Burning Bow is 0, but I KB the bird a LOT. Odd. maltzan's GM FAQ doesn't seem to contain the word 'knockback' at all, either :/

P.P.S. How the hell is 'pre-empt' supposed to be spelled anyways?! Stupid spellchecker...

TrystXII
5 years ago#355
Fehlany posted...
I saw that when I checked out your channel before, actually. I found it much easier and faster to work that same Talon with Quickies.

Ah, I hadn't considered those. I'm pretty anti-quickening, which is why I haven't unlocked them on mine. I suppose they're not really skippable on a perfect game though. :P

Fehlany
5 years ago#356
I'm actually very anti-Quickie, myself. Which is a big reason I left out OoA on my PG criteria. I can't be bothered to randomly break them out in the hopes of having enough luck to actually score every Concurrence. I think I've seen a total of 3 of them, even when I DID try and make use of them fairly regularly. I just couldn't get it down. And by try, I mean 20+ hours of try. :( Same exact spot, actually. Very convenient for Quickie practice.

However, in this situation, it IS your most potent option, being severely underpowered at that point, so it makes sense. Hell, if you take the time to unlock 2 or even 3 mist charges before doing this, you could probably rock the snot out of Talons even easier. I did it with one. But it is a more viable option (IMHO) than using consumables, since you can keep the EXP without needing to refarm all the Motes you used. And doing it around lvl 14ish, that 2k EXP is freaking awesome. :D

Fehlany
5 years ago#357
Troughed through a couple more levels via my big loop (Westersand/Giza/Estersand/Giza/Westersand, either end point being a merchant). This is slower for EXP by a LOT, but its much faster combining common loots, chests, and EXP mobs in one run, just by eliminating the extra running around. After my Gil hits a more respectable level, and more of the common-spawn chests get maxxed, I'll probably go back to dedicated EXP laps. Also, as a side note, I'm making a point of spawning all the rare games except Dustia, and Fideliant I leave to chance.

So, on to the update:

Lvl 55, 212k Gil, 334k steps, 390k CP/Hedge Knight
All Augments purchased, 3x Quickenings purchased, all obtained equipment and Abilities licensed, 105 LP (I spent about 1400 maxxing out Accessories, and nabbing up a bunch of Magick licenses).
All available Abilities purchased.
Hunts and Bestiary as complete as possible, pre-Palace.
9 SPD figurines obtained.

Loot:

33 Teleport Stone
6 Arcana
2 Aries Gem
6 Bone Fragment
2 Braid Wool
16 Cactus Fruit
6 Capricorn Gem
12 Drab Wool
10 Horn
28 Molting
4 Rainbow Egg
6 Sagittarius Gem
1 Scream Root (I unlocked the Potion Crate Bazzar Goods)
27 Snake Skin
17 Storm Stone
58 Succulent Fruit
3 Tanned Hide
39 Water Stone
42 Wind Magicite
3 Wind Crystal

Items of note:

8 Red Fang
9 Holy Mote
26 Water Mote
9 Hastega Mote

Weapons:

1 Iron Sword
1 Longsword
11 Gladius
1 Oak Staff
2 Rod
1 Silver Bow
1 Altair

Ammo:

5 Onion Arrows
14 Onion Bolts
1 Onion Bombs
14 Onion Shot

Armor:

1 Leather Headgear
2 Headguard
1 Pointy Hat
1 Bronze Helm
1 Bronze Chestplate
1 Silken Shirt
1 Bronze Armor
1 Leather Shield
7 Escutcheon

Obviously, this is only what's changed since the last update.

I made that trip to Nalbina finally, to buy those placeholders. Also started having better luck with the Hastega Mote chest. At the same time, Balance, Aero, and Dark Mote chests all hate me. Still no Giant Feather, Burning Bow, or Heavy Lance. Also Wild Saurian isn't on my route, so I'll probably spend some time farming it when I take the time to settle into farming Dark/Aero/Screamroots (or start Poaching it for Four Leaf Clovers), as I'll have to run to Rabanastre to 3-zone the Aero Mote chest. I definitely want Dark Motes at 99 before moving on. I'd rather spend my time in Giza Rains looking for Reflectga Motes, rather than wasting those 10% chances on Dark Motes (All the Dark Mote chests in the Rains are Reflectga Motes with DA equipped, if you didn't know already). So, that might end up being my 'end-game' for Solo Vaan before advancing story again. One more side note, well, question. Do Balthier and Fran get rerolled between the end of Barheim Passage and re-recruiting them in the Sandsea, or do they keep the levels and stats from Garamsythe? Opening up the possible farming I could do in there.... lol Even if it will be a one-time stop until I finish Desert Patient after Raithwall's Tomb. Could be a nice, if temporary, diversion. Should be able to crank out a couple more levels over the rest of the weekend, but won't be too much, since I have an apartment I'm in the proccess of flipping, and only today with no child :)

TrystXII
5 years ago#358
Fehlany posted...
6 Bone Fragment
58 Succulent Fruit

You can get Cypress Pole in Bazaar with 5 Bone Fragments, 3 Succulent Fruit and 4 Earth Stones (it's called Wooden Pole) :-)

I had another go on mine today and found that it's SIMPLE to farm items from Gnoma Entite - whenever you re-enter a map the monster resets, so simply steal from it, change map and come back, steal again, etc.

I now have a Gnoma Halcyon (to add to my previous Earth Crystals and Feystones).

User Info: EAski24

EAski24
5 years ago#359
ran around cerobi steppe for the first time in what seemed ages..maybe a few months

started chaining belwyverns and realized that i will not break the chain if i include charybterix as well..i was surprised thought it was wierd or a glitch..but that should make the run a little better..so i can basically chain in almost every area except where the giant turtle thing is

only noticeable treasure i acquired was the FOMALHAUT..god i forgot how much i love this level :)

Fehlany
5 years ago#360
EAski24 posted...
ran around cerobi steppe for the first time in what seemed ages..maybe a few months

only noticeable treasure i acquired was the FOMALHAUT..god i forgot how much i love this level :)

Yeah, I've always had a fondness for how diverse and engaging Cerobi can be. So many things going on.

started chaining belwyverns and realized that i will not break the chain if i include charybterix as well..i was surprised thought it was wierd or a glitch..but that should make the run a little better..so i can basically chain in almost every area except where the giant turtle thing is

Bellwyvern: Genus - Dragon, Classification - Wyvern
Charybterix: Genus - Avion, Classificaton - Diver

So.... how? Don't misunderstand me, I'm not questioning you, I tested it first, obviously. I'm wondering if there's any theory or maybe insider knowledge on how that flies (pun intended). I mean, is it something that's otherwise exploitable? Or is this isolated? I only tested your statement, I don't have the time just now to do more. Are ALL Fliers chainable? Is that considered a Classification? I'll put some time into it when I get an hour or three. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Perfect Game Part 6
  • Topic Archived