• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. What happened to Hiroyuki Ito?

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#1
The co-director of this game with Hiroshi Minagawa. Is he making FFXV right now or what?
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
7 years ago#2
This is the last I've heard about him:

RPG Site: We're over-running, but we have one last quick yes-or-no question from a reader. Hiroyuki Itou held various major roles on the Final Fantasy series right back to the original game in 1987, but he hasn't been credited in a production role of a game since 2007's Final Fantasy IV DS. Is he still with the company?
Kitase: (In English) Yes.

Thin, but apparently he's doing something for them.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

Galvanization
7 years ago#3
infinitexx posted...

Thanks for the info. So he's still at the company but hasn't worked on a game since 2007? WTF is up with that?

Unless... He's been working on an unannounced game since 2007. That would make more sense. Hopefully it gets announced this year and is set in Ivalice. :)
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: HenrySpencer10

HenrySpencer10
7 years ago#4
He is being kept in a dungeon deep underneath Square-Enix HQ along with Akitoshi Kawazu whilst Motomu Toriyama trolls all of Square's IPs..

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
7 years ago#5
Galvanization posted...
infinitexx posted...

Thanks for the info. So he's still at the company but hasn't worked on a game since 2007? WTF is up with that?

Unless... He's been working on an unannounced game since 2007. That would make more sense. Hopefully it gets announced this year and is set in Ivalice. :)

He's had some 'Special Thanks' credits, but nothing major. That was from a FFXIII-2 pre-release interview, since apparently I forgot to add what it came from.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

Galvanization
7 years ago#6
infinitexx posted...
He's had some 'Special Thanks' credits, but nothing major. That was from a FFXIII-2 pre-release interview, since apparently I forgot to add what it came from.

Thanks again.

User Info: zoogelio

zoogelio
7 years ago#7
He is being kept in a dungeon deep underneath Square-Enix HQ along with Akitoshi Kawazu whilst Motomu Toriyama trolls all of Square's IPs..
This is probably closer to the truth than anything.
(message deleted)

Galvanization
7 years ago#9
zoogelio posted...
This is probably closer to the truth than anything.

I doubt you're being serious. He's most likely been working on a AAA project these past few years. The team that made The Last Remnant has also been missing.

User Info: GodXII

GodXII
7 years ago#10
FFXII director Hiroshi Minagawa tight-lipped about FFXV

EuroGamer discover the secretive nature behind Final Fantasy XV. When asked if he would like to direct FFXV next, Minagawa cheerfully responds: "I'm not saying anything".

So can we expect Square Enix to embark on similar projects in the future? "If I have a chance, I'd like to remake Vagrant Story and other games," says Minagawa.

"But when I chose to remake Tactics Ogre it was after FFXII, which was a big project. I wanted to do something on a much smaller scale, and a smaller team, which is why I chose to do this. Probably after this, I'll do something bigger, like an original game. After that, I'll probably change my mind and return to something smaller."

Final Fantasy XV next, then? "I'm not saying anything," laughs Minagawa. Oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. What happened to Hiroyuki Ito?
  • Topic Archived