• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Easy License Points

User Info: Esadth

Esadth
9 years ago#1
Well, I haven't seen anyone else post about this, so.

Usually when I play I'm one of those early-level-up nuts.
I like to get as many levels early on so I won't have to worry about it later.
However, I found that if I got Vaan to LVL10/15/20 BEFORE getting Penelo for the first time, that her license points (and all others after her) would be within such a high range that I could unlock ALL of the license board.
(Note that this is with the exception of Vaan, but.. who actually plays as Vaan? Balthier. <3)

Now. This happens with me every time I start a new game.
(To be honest I find it disappointing because I like the whole grinding thing.)
However, it's a nice way to make your party strong early on and save you time fighting for skills.
Deaths Esadth
"Life is only continued through death." ~ XIII

User Info: brawrdy

brawrdy
9 years ago#2
I got vaan to 60 before and I didn't have nearly enough LP for the board.
It only took a critical hit to destroy the death star... if it had a little more resilience... ~ Lokarin

Esadth
9 years ago#3
Well usually I just get Vaan to LVL15, then advance to gain Penelo and she has about 90K+ license points. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what, but it happens every time for me.
Deaths Esadth

User Info: firstgold

firstgold
9 years ago#4
That doesn't make any sense, the game mechanics guide says that the amount of LP a future character should get is proportional to the amount you get before with a few tiny little factors depending what the character already has unlocked on their board. So if the other characters have enough LP to clear out their license board than Vaan should too.
Want to add me on facebook? Go to facebook.com/firstgold
Just mention what your GameFAQs/Gamespot username is!

firstgold
9 years ago#5
based on your post, it must be a glitch, this happens EVERY time?

Esadth
9 years ago#6
I've made a new game file and I'm going to level Vaan to LVL15 and then post Penelo's license points after gaining her.

As I said before. I do this BEFORE ever gaining Penelo for the first time. That means before you go to Giza. It may just be a glitch, but it happens every time I do it. I'm able to complete Penelo's entire board (although there are some times where I lack enough to complete 10-15 skills).
Deaths Esadth

firstgold
9 years ago#7
It's probably a glitch then, she should have the same amount of LP, but if are able to do this again, then I'll think I'll just reset my current game and do the same. ^_^

Hopefully it's not to early to say this, but AWESOME find. Are you advancing Vaan through Dustia farming?

User Info: Nodonn3

Nodonn3
9 years ago#8
It HAS to be some sort of glitch.

I've levelled Vaan to Lv50 before meeting Old Dalan and even then I was nowhere near to clearing the board. It usually takes me auto-levelling on Negalmuur (little exp, LOTS of LP) to around Lv 70+ before I have enough LP to clear the reserves' boards (reserves have 2 x LP accessories).
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?

firstgold
9 years ago#9
Well I spent 20 hours in the Lhusu mine to level up my characters to clear the augments before getting ashe and penelo again... maybe I should have at least gotten golden amulets first...

Esadth
9 years ago#10
You won't have enough LP to clear Vaan, but the others you will.
Also, I just level up on wolves and such until LVL15 out in the Estersand.
Deaths Esadth
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Easy License Points
  • Topic Archived