• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. IMO, Yoshinori Kitase has just confirmed that Hiroyuki Itou is making FFXV.

User Info: GZay2Stay

GZay2Stay
9 years ago#1
He said to Famitsu when FFXIII came out in Japan that they still plan to make titles in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. Now he says that they have ideas for FFXV and that the series can go in multiple directions.

What I'm getting from this:

- Kitase team will continue to make Fabula Nova Crystallis games for the rest of this gen and possibly a FFVII remake.
- FFXV will be made by a completely different team and is already in pre-production. Because it's being made by a different team it will go in a completely different direction to what FFXIII went in.

The only main series FF team that has not made any games this gen is the one run by Hiroyuki Itou. They're probably making FFXV and it will be significantly different from FFXIII. It will likely evolve off FFXII like how FFXIII evolved off FFX and how FFXIV evolves off FFXI.

Hiroyuki Itou FTW! The true director of FFVI, FFIX FFXII and now FFXV. The guy knows how to design an epic RPG gameplay experience. I automatically know the game will not be linear and will have all the exploration, side-quests, conversable NPCs and airship I've come to love from his FF games.
The hottest cross dresser in J-Rock (Remember when Cloud did this in FFVII?)
http://img32.imageshack.us/i/hfinal00.jpg/

User Info: PlasmaKat

PlasmaKat
9 years ago#2
FF is getting tediously contrived now. They should stop trying to be clever with compilations, sub-series, remakes, spin offs and "evolutions" of games in specific sequences, shut the hell up, and just get to work on creating the next numeral in the series. That means calling 11 and 14 "FF Online 1 and 2" and XV being an original single player RPG that stands independent of its precedents.

User Info: Xpocalypse

Xpocalypse
9 years ago#3
"- Kitase team will continue to make Fabula Nova Crystallis games for the rest of this gen and possibly a FFVII remake.
- FFXV will be made by a completely different team and is already in pre-production. Because it's being made by a different team it will go in a completely different direction to what FFXIII went in."

Where did you get the idea that Kitase team will develop a FFVII remake? Has anyone at Square even said they are going to remake 7?

And how can tell that Kitase team won't develop any of XV? Just because they're working on one game doesn't mean they can't work on another...

User Info: W_Mark_Felt_Sr

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
9 years ago#4
FFXV is to be developed by Eidos Montreal IMO. That's what Yoichi Wada implied a while ago in an interview:

http://www.next-gen.biz/magazine/an-audience-with-yoichi-wada

I believe Final Fantasy XIII is going be something special, and that it’s going to be well received by the audience. But whether we are going to continue to internally create this type of game remains to be seen, because I actually feel that the team that was involved with Final Fantasy XIII should next move on to create and generate some ‘next generation’ forms of play. Internally and externally I feel there’s an expectation of Square Enix to offer something new, and I really think that the Final Fantasy team could create something completely different, but at the moment they’re strictly catering to the particular audience they have now.

Most websites misquoted this statement or extrapolated it in wild and dubious ways, but I think they all missed the keyword "internally". Wada implies they will not continue developing FF games internally. This, IMO, strongly implies that FFXV will be developed in the West (with close and careful supervision from the Japanese designers, like Itou or Kitase, of course).
Not changing this sig until Square Enix reveals that codename FORTRESS is actually FINAL FANTASY XV.
You read it first on GameFAQs.

User Info: W_Mark_Felt_Sr

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
9 years ago#5
Where did you get the idea that Kitase team will develop a FFVII remake? Has anyone at Square even said they are going to remake 7?

Kawazu admitted in an interview that "someone at Square Enix will probably develop it one day".

And how can tell that Kitase team won't develop any of XV? Just because they're working on one game doesn't mean they can't work on another...

Actually, it does. FF games are HUGE projects that involve up to 300 people (not even counting testers and outside contractors). Kitase's team has never worked on two HUGE projects at the same time, since it's physically impossible. It would be different if Kitase's team were involved with DS or WiiWare projects, but they are not.
Not changing this sig until Square Enix reveals that codename FORTRESS is actually FINAL FANTASY XV.
You read it first on GameFAQs.

User Info: zak234

zak234
9 years ago#6

If FFXV is the FF hairesis XIII and FFXV is part of the fabula Nova Crystallis, then is the end of FF and Square Enix. I hope it's not.

User Info: heheiown

heheiown
9 years ago#7
I don't get whats with the VII remake. V REALLY needs a remake, I am betting that it is the least played FF due to its low availiability.

GZay2Stay
9 years ago#8
Needs to be bumped in preparation for E3 2010.

User Info: Nick_chan

Nick_chan
9 years ago#9
Yeah, i don't care much for VII at the moment. :/ But V does need a remake because i honestly thought it had a very strong story to it. :)
"I'm the beginning of eternity The end of time and space. The beginning of every end, And the end of every place. what am i?"

GZay2Stay
9 years ago#10
Bump.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. IMO, Yoshinori Kitase has just confirmed that Hiroyuki Itou is making FFXV.
  • Topic Archived