• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I tried using the Patch codes....PLEASE HELP

User Info: scarface029

scarface029
13 years ago#1
They are from this page...and they don't work for me...any suggestions

I only used a couple codes and I have CBv10.0

Do i need the checkbypass code?
Lieing is a virus...slowly eating away until there is nothing left but the truth!

User Info: Trigin

Trigin
13 years ago#2
Yes, use the Checksum Bypass. It's added together with the document's (M) Codes for ease-of-use. About 90% of the codes in the document require it.

Also, since you're using a CodeBreaker 2 -- & I get this more than I'd care to see in E-mails about CodeBreaker 2's -- don't use codes made by CodeBreaker.com & the codes in Patch Codes together. CodeBreaker.com's codes are encrypted; the Patch Codes' codes are not. Mixing them together only freezes the game before it starts.

scarface029
13 years ago#3
"Yes, use the Checksum Bypass. It's added together with the document's (M) Codes for ease-of-use. About 90% of the codes in the document require it.

Also, since you're using a CodeBreaker 2 -- & I get this more than I'd care to see in E-mails about CodeBreaker 2's -- don't use codes made by CodeBreaker.com & the codes in Patch Codes together. CodeBreaker.com's codes are encrypted; the Patch Codes' codes are not. Mixing them together only freezes the game before it starts."

Is this the checksum-bypass?
21780C20 03E00008
21780C24 24020001

This is the (M) code I used from your page:

CB2v7+ \Adv.\Alt.\ (Note: Use only if the above two codes are having difficulty working properly. Recommended for CB2v9+/advanced users only.)
B4336FA9 4DFEFB79
68355FBF BB43E31E
38226D71 D4FCC702
4BC6D84B 60E973B6
18179D5E D455CE6F
01A4D83D CEDF2A48
2A58E758 62CD923C
0CF49BDF A4E29C32

I am glad you answered my response...you're the man! Please help me

Also are there any codes to add certain stats for characters? I see you have a good-stats code...but it has TOO MUCH things I only wanted Haste/Protect/Shell/HP Regen/Libra but thats it...Bravery, Faith & Bubble will make the game WAAAAY to easy to beat. I work two jobs and have 3 kids, so my time is limited and I only want to help me get passed things but I still want the challenge.

So can you help me....thanks!
Lieing is a virus...slowly eating away until there is nothing left but the truth!

scarface029
13 years ago#4
BUMP PLEASE....waiting for a response from TRIGIN

Trigin
13 years ago#5
I see. I forgot to add a note to the (M) Code you have posted. It's supposed to have something along the lines of "Use to control the Checksum Bypass—a code used to enable some codes to load—by pressing L3+R3 to enable it before loading a saved game. This code disables itself after the save is loaded. Recommended for advanced users only." Blah. Blah. Blah.

However, it's missing...

Basically, the Checksum Bypass is already embedded into the (M) Code; you, however, have to press L3+R3 to activate before loading a saved game.

To make it up to you, here's the code you wanted:

Good Stat-Effects (Haste, Protect, Shell, HP Regen & Libra) Always On (for Vaan, Balthier, Fran, Basch, Ashe & Penelo)

CB2v7+
7054A146 0010421C
7054A16E 0010421C
7054A30A 0010421C
7054A332 0010421C
7054A4CE 0010421C
7054A4F6 0010421C
7054A692 0010421C
7054A6BA 0010421C
7054A856 0010421C
7054A87E 0010421C
7054AA1A 0010421C
7054AA42 0010421C

Plus, here's another (M) Code, if you choose to use it. It, however, self-enables itself -- meaning you have to press absolutely nothing to enable the Checksum Bypass, plus it is disabled (which is what you want, especially if going into Licenses, since the Checksum Bypass doesn't play well with obtaining Licenses & sorting the Inventory) once a save is loaded.

CB2v7+
B4336FA9 4DFEFB79
68355FBF BB43E31E
38226D71 D4FCC702
4BC6D84B 60E973B6
A6E453B8 F612BB3C
01A4D83D CEDF2A48
2A58E758 62CD923C
0CF49BDF A4E29C32

scarface029
13 years ago#6
Thanks Trigin...you are Da Man!

I'm gonna try it out tonight and I'll post my progress tomorrow

scarface029
13 years ago#7
TRIGIN, I tried your codes...and you are a Genius with this stuff! ALMOST everything worked.
The Main things i wanted worked so far...

-Inf Quickening time
-Inf 99 items
-Super Speed
-Quick Chain Lvl
-Your Good-Stats code you just gave me
-the M code you just gave me
-Inf Max time Summons

*I haven't tried the Rarest Items in the treasure chest code yet. Its active but I am not sure if it works since I haven't gotten to a treasure chest that "should" have a rare item

*Chocobo Inf time is on but I haven't gotten a chocobo to see if it works

NOW for the ones that DIDN'T work for me
-All Ammunition (I couldn't use any Gun ammo, or equip my guns period. I got ammo for the Bows, but thats it. Everything else I couldn't even equip, bombs, guns)

-The Inf Summon time/No screen effect (I go the inf time *most important, but that stupid blank screen keeps coming up)

-NORMAL speed mode (I just stand there and move around while standing still when I press R3)
-ULTRA speed mode (I just stand there and move around while standing still)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I have some questions....

-the ALL ITEMS OBTAINED Code, what Items do they include (ex is good enough for me)

-Is there an ALL LOOT Code?

-Is there and INF 3 Mist Bars Code? (I use the Inf MP code and it doesn't work for the mist bars, it just keeps me stuck on one bar. *I used the official codes on my OTHER FFXII section i'm NOT mixing the codes. I have YET to use YOUR Inf MP code so I don't know if I will have the same issue or not)

-Someone created codes to be able to select the individual Gambits for Espers (through Code not through in game menu) Will this work with your M code? Would I have to put THEIR check bypass code?

-The OBTAIN ALL SUMMONS CODE for EACH INDIVIDUAL Character code you have...with these codes will ALL characters have ALL summons??

-What does the ENEMY/LOOT/ITEMS etc DROPS ALWAYS ON Do?

-Are there codes to get specific items? Or do I have to use the EVERY TREASURE CHEST HAS THIS ITEM CODE? to get my specific items?
*** Basically if there is NO ALL LOOT code then I want to get ONLY the WEAPONS, ARMOR, AMMO etc that you can only get my selling loot or steal from. I just don't have time to keep looking around for monsters. I'm still going to do hunts but what they are asking for to get certain weapons is Ludacris...especially for my schedule.

I think thats it for now...THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP!!!

User Info: ryokayin

ryokayin
13 years ago#8
What are you, cheating or turning FF XII into a cheap GTA??? o.0
If you think you have it, you don't...
If you think you don't have it, you still don't.

scarface029
13 years ago#9
ummm excuse me but is your name TRIGIN...No? so then why are you writing some nonsense...I don't care about your comments...

BUT to satisfy your curiosity and anyone who feels like they need to flame my topic...

I work 18hr days I have 2 jobs and go to school and have a 2yr old and a 1month old that I watch when I do NOT work....so I do NOT have the time to invest in getting loot or getting money and such... So I was looking for the A-D without going through B&C.

If I cheat...I'm cheating...NOT you....so no need to flame... I know the whole "it ruins the whole game" comments but I DON'T CARE...I'm enjoying it just the same as everyone else... I still do the hunts, I can still die, I don't use Inf HP or MP(at least not yet) I am not at a crazy level (lvl 43 for all characters) I know the value of a good game and its reasons for things...but I DO NOT HAVE TIME to be hunting monsters for loot to sell. So I skip that part.

Now...these Questions are for TRIGIN or anyone who knows about the Patch Codes

all other ppl who flame this for no good reason...are just that...Flamers
Have a nice Day!

Trigin
13 years ago#10
-All Ammunition (I couldn't use any Gun ammo, or equip my guns period. I got ammo for the Bows, but thats it. Everything else I couldn't even equip, bombs, guns)

I'm a little confused by what you are describing? Are you saying that the Bows' ammo is the only thing the code is adding &/or that you are unable to equip Guns & Bombs?

If it is only an ammo issue, not having the Guns & Bombs' ammo, you may have mistyped a line of code.

Double-check to see if the code is:

CB2v7+
4054EB30 00100001
00630063 00000000
40553D54 00100001
11851184 00020002
005548C8 00000020

If it is an issue of not being able to equip the Guns & Bombs, though, do you have the correct Licenses obtained to equip the different Guns & Bombs?

---

-The Inf Summon time/No screen effect (I go the inf time *most important, but that stupid blank screen keeps coming up)

Just use the "Have Infinite/MAX (5) Time - Summons" code instead. It works much better.

---

-NORMAL speed mode (I just stand there and move around while standing still when I press R3)
-ULTRA speed mode (I just stand there and move around while standing still)

Sounds like incorrect values are entered.

Double-check to see if these lines of code are exactly as they should be here:

Press R3 for Normal Speed
CB2v1+ & GS2v3+
D056BADC 0000FFFB
1025C7E8 000042D7 <- Here

Press R2+R3 for Ultra Speed
CB2v1+ & GS2v3+
D056BADC 0000FDFB
1025C7E8 000041F7 <- Here

If you mistyped something, say put 1025C7E8 0000F2D7 instead of 1025C7E8 000042D7 or 1025C7E8 000041F7 the character will move so slooow, he'll look as if he's standing in place while walking—or just not move at all.

---

-the ALL ITEMS OBTAINED Code, what Items do they include (ex is good enough for me)

It contains 99 Potions, Hi-Potions, X-Poitions, Ethers, Hi-Ethers, Elixirs, Megalixirs, Remedies, Phoenix Downs, Gold Needles, Echo Herbs, Antidotes, Eye Dropss, Alarm Clocks, Handkerchiefs, Chronos Tears, Smelling Salts, Vaccines, Bacchus's Wines, Red Fangs, Blue Fangs, White Fangs, Dark Motes, Water Motes, Aero Motes, Holy Motes, Scathe Motes, Warp Motes, Balance Motes, Hastega Motes, Reflectga Motes, Vanishga Motes, Float Motes, Eksir Berries, Dark Matters & Knot of Rusts.

---

-Is there an ALL LOOT Code?

There are five different Loot codes in Patch Codes:

• Have All Regular Loot Obtained
• Have All—BUT No Pinewood Chops & No Sandalwood Chops—Loot Obtained
• Have All—BUT No Sandalwood Chops—Loot Obtained
• Have All—BUT No Pinewood Chops—Loot Obtained
• Have All—Including All Tufts—BUT No Pinewood Chops—Loot Obtained

The code boasting the most amount of Loot is the last, "Have All—Including All Tufts—BUT No Pinewood Chops—Loot Obtained." It has everything (even the removed moogle's Tufts) except for Pinewood Chops. Since the Pinewood Chops are all traded-in for a single Sandalwood Chop (& since Pinewood Chops are deemed a key item Loot by the game & are unsaleable/non-removable) they're not included.

---

-Is there and INF 3 Mist Bars Code? (I use the Inf MP code and it doesn't work for the mist bars, it just keeps me stuck on one bar. *I used the official codes on my OTHER FFXII section i'm NOT mixing the codes. I have YET to use YOUR Inf MP code so I don't know if I will have the same issue or not)

The Infinite MP codes in Patch Codes are designed to work with three Mist Charges. Just use—

CB2v4+ & GS2v4
4054A154 00100071
00000BB5 00000000

—for all the characters, or use the individual codes for the individual characters (if you have a grudge against a certain character not having Infinite MP).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. I tried using the Patch codes....PLEASE HELP
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A