• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
  3. "Night Time at Ravenshold"

User Info: Silvrix_Mang

Silvrix_Mang
10 years ago#1
Welcome there is a new Night Time Glitch I just discovered and this time its in Revenshold. This was discovered by accident when I was trying to locate the mountain bypass to get arrok into Daemog's Hunting Grounds. The aspects of this glitch is much more define and intense than "Night Time at Surdana" (using the darkness of the Forgotten Tomb) . when I activated the glitch I flew around but I could not tell where I was going it was too dark. I tried to fight in the sky and got my ass kicked by Blackwing dragons and Ballistas. Their fire power came out of no where I had to retreat and heal almost ten times. It truly changes the difficulty of the level. Try keeping as many blackings alive and then perform the glitch and go back and fight them in the darkness. unlike "Night time at Surdana", where visibility was cut in half, this time visibility was cut by more than 3/4ths and thats less than 1/4 of actual visibility. On top of that if the enemy is completely swallowed by the darkness you can not target them at the outpost with Fandrill's crew, the light house is rendered useless lol. the landscape is still illuminated if your close enough.

Just Like "Night Time at Surdana" The Transistion saves do not cancel it and there are places to deactivate this glitch. There are three in all: The cave with the Hoarfrost, The cave with the Clineschmidt's Blade, and the Forgotten Tomb.

I will explain how to exploit it on the next message which this will be one of the most difficult if not the hardest to explain.

"Night Falls"

Silvrix_Mang
10 years ago#2
Heres how you exploit the glitch. (as best as I can describe it)

Flying above the statue in the pathway to the tomb while facing to the tomb. fly as high as arrok can fly and look NE from where you are. you should be looking at the last mountain peak that you can see from where you are (which is to the left of the crypt and has a blotch of red rock just above the gray rockwall). see the snow bank just right of the red rock. fly to there. There will be a place where arrok can land. Once you land SAVE then perform the mountain bypass glitch just like the one with the Valley of the Fallen Mountain Access Glitch, move up a little ways (few steps East) and fly. You should be stuck on the mountain now move left and right to pop into the mountain.

Once inside avoid the sky boundary and the mountain, and move side ways as you face towards the mountain wall (flying sideways to the south. move until arrok can't move no more that he is just vibrating due to an "invisible wall(to the left should be this "sideway depression" in the mountain wall). at this point turn quickly and face the skyboarder and allow the mountain to suck you in. before you collide move left and right. Heres why you needed to face the sky boundary, on the otherside of the mountain is the exact opposite of a "sideways depression" now its a "sideways hill" move side wayes into that "sideways hill" and Arrok will bypass that previous invisible wall keep moving side ways until you reach the otherside.

Look down (unless you are being sucked in by the mountain wall "fight your way back" into the mountain until you can hover without some force pulling you. when you look down you will see a black platform and the some cave entrance. You are now above the tomb. while facing south move sideways slowly over the platform towards the sky boundery eventually you Arrok will disappear but you can move. when this happens you are now able fly straight down and so fly straight down eventually you will see a black Arrok this means you are right above the tomb. Arrok will be disappearing at some points just use the control stick to move left or right. and arrock will eventually appear again.

When you are black Arrok you will notice a path-like black land mass which is the tomb follow the the black paths of the tomb until you reach the main entrance (feel free to use fire breath on the skeletons. as you make your way through the paths). when you have reached the main cave entrance try and land on either side of the semi-circle rocky dirt ceiling. Arrok will attempt to land but fail. As he attempts the background sky will turn black. now move over the entrance to the cave and pop out of the mountain and all of Ravenshold is covered in darkness.

WARNING: if you get the ashes and exit out with rynn and the Black screen appears with the loading blue disc in the top left hand corner of the screen you will not be able to activate the glitch do that the Forgotten Tomb has fully loaded up. to Reactivate the glitch go to either the northern tundra or the gate way to surdana and then come back to Ravenshold than you can activate the glitch. what happens if the Tomb has fully loaded up when you try to move over the black platform into the sky boundary, instead of disappearing and being able ot move you disappear and not be able to move at all the only two buttons that work is the pause button and L1.

I hope this helps is you. if have any further questions comments or are stuck somewhere in my walkthrough of this glitch, feel free to post.
"Night Falls"

User Info: SwordCzar

SwordCzar
10 years ago#3
Even if I'm not able to replicate it, I'm going to give it a solid shot.
The Tree of Mourning drop was a complete, if time-intensive success!
Some tiny inside out concerns, but all things considered, it's the second major subversion you've taught/given me lately.
As a Brit might say, "Good on you!"
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

SwordCzar
10 years ago#4
BTW, I know how tough it is trying to relate these things understandably.
Thanks for taking the time to figure out how to say it, then put in the time to type it all out.
It's symptomatic of your enthusiasm, and I understand very well the compulsions to share.
8^D
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

SwordCzar
10 years ago#5
I just did this without going through the Tomb.
I'll try it again in another save and attempt to get Arokh into the action, as you suggested.

The dark is close and impressive! I like this glitch.
Thanks yet again, Silvrix Mang.

I definitely got and played with the Andrellians underwater glitch, and was delightfully yanked around by some of the Andrellian's "bouncy boundaries" at times. I say 'delightfully' because playing in bouncy boundaries while on land usually kills Rynn with too-violent buffeting against a mountain or some such, but here it just whooshes you around and stops you safely.
I also redid and ran back to Mezzidrel once she popped. It was fun throwing fireballs and axe strikes against tentacles... while standing right next to them 8^)
They even had a little blood squirt animation with every strike if you did it in certain spots.

It's super easy to accomplish, too.
Rocking find. Thanks!
"Great Gulgren's Sack!"

Silvrix_Mang
10 years ago#6
Yes I now consider Mezzidrel the easiest boss on for all of Rynn's combat levels and styles in the game due to this glitch. I love the bouncy boundaries as I run through the water it makes rynn run super fast. there seems to be 2 boundary layers. I guess the makers really did not want us to explore back there.

For all of the night time glitches I think all of the other places that deactivate these glitches Mushroom Caves, Grull base with Hoarfrost, The cave with Clineschmidt's Blade, and possibly future Night time glitch places actually are places that also activate the glitch If I where inside the mountain and get close to the entrance to any of these places if these places on the mountains exist then the night time glitch can be performed there I will see later if I can perform the night time glitch in the Mushroom Caves, Grull base with Hoar frost, and the Cave with Clineschmidt's Blade. I think these three places have the same darkness as the Monastery's. I found another transistion with My Valley of the Fallen Number 6 short cut but I will post a message what it is it not much because the trasistion is not permanent you go so far and it vanishes but It can exist in the last cutscene before the Stratos adventure.
"Night Falls"

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
10 years ago#7
The Tree of Mourning drop was a complete, if time-intensive success!

I always fail this one!
Aspire to reduce your world to a monitor screen.
http://www.surreal-news.com // PSN - deprofundis442

Silvrix_Mang
10 years ago#8
Have patience. My first question is, "Are you able to get inside the mountain?"
"Night Falls"

User Info: Brokaliv

Brokaliv
10 years ago#9
This sounds pretty neat! O_O
Game Tag - Brokaliv
All alone i hear the angels scream my name