• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Guides are completely wrong on this site about what buttons to press in Pyramid

User Info: ThEBMaN

ThEBMaN
4 months ago#1
How did the guides get this so incredibly wrong anyway? They say to push the button to the far right and then to the far left, but that couldn't be more incorrect. It had me a bit confused at first, but luckily I figured it out on my own. You're actually supposed to hit the 3rd, then 2nd, then 1st, then 4th buttons in that order if counting them from left to right.
"HAVE YOU.... OR HAVE YOU NOT.... HEARD.... ABOUT.... THE BIRD?"

User Info: brian sulpher

brian sulpher
2 months ago#2
Head right from the stairs, going past the upwards passage to take the next
down to step on the left switch, followed by backtracking to the stairs area.
Head left this time, following the path past the next side passage, going
down to step on the right switch, followed by stepping onto the left switch.
Now go all the way right to step onto the final switch (the one on the right
in this set), dropping the stone slab out of the way.

Nope, I got it right.
www.youtube.com/brisulph www.twitch.tv/brisulph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MORPSstxACw

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
1 month ago#3
Both of these posts give equivalent desciptions, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if other guides were wrong.

If memory serves the in-game clues are either misleading or outright wrong on the order. I think that's true in all localizations and possibly even in the Japanese original. If I remember that right, it would explain why some of the guides got it wrong.

I end up having to do this one by trial and error every time because of that.
May someday resume the quest for higher education, or else change my name here. Won't stop playing games either way.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Guides are completely wrong on this site about what buttons to press in Pyramid
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A