• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. How hard would it be

User Info: damedog

damedog
1 year ago#1
To use the gimmicky, non combat classes for 2 slots? Always enjoyed this game growing up, but never beat it, and now I wanna try. But I'm tempted to go the unorthodox route.

User Info: Aerint

Aerint
11 months ago#2
It depends.

Thieves are easy so I’m presuming that’s not what you’re talking about. If you go out with two gadabouts you’re in for a frustrating time. They hit their crest at about level 30 and stop improving significantly.

Two merchants would be fine if you are willing to grind extra to let them keep up. Merchants are interesting as they seem to have a very linear stat growth compared to other classes. Most classes show significant improvement each level until they hit the crest around 40 or 50. Once they crest the best you can hope for is a plus one in each stat for each level up. Merchants meanwhile will fall behind past level 20 but will still be raking up 7 or 8 total stat points per level into the 60s or so.

having one merchant and one gadabout will be annoying but not unbearably so. If you fill your non-hero combat slot with a warrior or martial artist, then it would be recommended to turn the gadabout to a sage when you can to have a good magic caster. From there the team composition would be very little hindrance.

tldr merchants need extra tlc and multi-gadabouts are for masochists
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. How hard would it be
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A