• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Going for all gold monster medals, so I made a tracker

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
4 months ago#11
So, did robbo78 ever get all the gold ones?.?
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
4 months ago#12
A few weeks ago I started the less ambitious project of trying to get just one bronze medal for each character. Up to 67 so far.

A couple of years ago I decided to play this version for the first time, as well as the SFC and Android versions. However, while I beat Zoma on both of those, my Game Boy Color cartridge got corrupted and I couldn't continue. I finally got myself a new one and am playing through, but not advancing until I get at least one medal from each monster I see.

I would eventually like to get one of each gold as well, but I realize how ambitious an undertaking it is and I can't look ahead that far just yet.
May someday resume the quest for higher education, or else change my name here. Won't stop playing games either way.

User Info: robbo78

robbo78
3 months ago#13
oldguy2 posted...
So, did robbo78 ever get all the gold ones?.?

I am glad there is still some interest in this game! I have been playing very intermittently since I made the original post so I am at 44/165 gold medals right now (26.67%) but I have not given up! The good news is that I have a majority of monsters at 2 silver medals, thus making them eligible for gold so I guess I am further along then it seems.

I may try to pick up the pace now that a remake for this game was announced for the Switch recently. Would like to try for all medals before it comes out but we'll see haha

User Info: robbo78

robbo78
3 months ago#14
I did also make some changes to the tracker to pretty it up and make it easier to see what is eligible for gold:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7dNCtlfcyXT7QO7zIiXXHN6G6tA3Ujj3r_wG3OGAE8/edit?usp=sharing

just click "make a copy" under file tab if you want to use for youself

User Info: W_R

W_R
3 months ago#15
Is the remake for Switch only or other platforms too?

User Info: Pre_PHD_Lee

Pre_PHD_Lee
3 months ago#16
I'm pretty sure no platform has been announced yet, but the Switch would seem to be pretty much a given even without an announcement.
May someday resume the quest for higher education, or else change my name here. Won't stop playing games either way.

User Info: W_R

W_R
3 months ago#17
True. Hopefully there's a PS5 version.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Going for all gold monster medals, so I made a tracker
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A