You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kigalas

Kigalas
1 month ago#1
Hey all, I was thinking today about doing a randomized run of this in the future and am looking for some input.

Here’s what I’ve already decided:

-Personality test will be all coin flips

-Every level the Hero gains will have a coin flip to see if a new party member gets added, if there’s room

-Simple dice roll to determine class, no one starts as a Goof-Off/Jester

-Every 5 levels for other members gets a dice roll with 1/6 chance of retirement

-When party members hit level 20 I’ll change 2 numbers on the dice roll to be a class change, still keeping the 1/6 retirement chance

-If I have a Merchant in the party (or retired) when I get the ship, then he goes to the New Town, otherwise no New Town until a Merchant is rolled

-Sages and characters level 40 lose their retirement/class change roll and become permanent

-Goof-Offs get an extra dice roll if they get a class change roll to see if they become a Sage, 1/3 chance

-Personality books are applied right away, with a 4-sided die roll if full party, otherwise a standard die roll with even chance

-If I have a Book of Sartori any non-Goof-Off class change gets a 1/6 chance to try for a coin flip as a chance to be a Sage

Any other things you guys can think of for this?
Playing: DQVII - Ch. 2 - Hubble; FFV Solo run - Barrier Tower; Rock Band 4 - Expert Guitar lvl 46, 886/1899 played, 766 5+ stars
Up next: ??