You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Changing Classes for the 2nd Time

User Info: Godric1696

Godric1696
4 months ago#1
I started out with

Cleric
Jester
Mage

And switched to

Cleric (lvl 24) - Fighter
Jester (25) - Sage
Mage (24) - Sage

I wanted to switch a third time around now as I have just completed Zoma And was wondering what a good switch combination would be.

I was going to change my fighter into a sage using my last book so everyone has access to spells, change a sage to a fighter because well, they are amazing, but I was perplexed on what to change the other sage to.
FFRK: Y8Bi
Divine Veil Grimoire (461 Mind)

User Info: reb8

reb8
3 months ago#2
One thing to consider is the gender of the characters.

For the most part I don't think I have used a Warrior in the GBC version in a long time. They just seemed to always be out of commission because of statuses. Also, my hero seemed to always be very close in stats.

A dealer is, to me, a weak warrior.

Your sages are going to be getting some very good spells, so I would be hesitant to change both.

I know it may be a little late, but I kind of like your party the way it is. If you really want the fighter to have spells, then that is up to you.

Good luck, and let us know what you did.
It's "not what you look at, but what you see" ~ Thoreau
If you want something different to happen, you may need to do something different ~ reb8

Godric1696
3 months ago#3
reb8 posted...
One thing to consider is the gender of the characters.

For the most part I don't think I have used a Warrior in the GBC version in a long time. They just seemed to always be out of commission because of statuses. Also, my hero seemed to always be very close in stats.

A dealer is, to me, a weak warrior.

Your sages are going to be getting some very good spells, so I would be hesitant to change both.

I know it may be a little late, but I kind of like your party the way it is. If you really want the fighter to have spells, then that is up to you.

Good luck, and let us know what you did.

I just beat Xenlon in 16 turns. Should note I’m on the iOS version but that board is dead. Hero is male, rest is female. There doesn’t seem much more to do after that unfortunately. I thought it would be like the GBC but only two wishes.

I was gonna do a Sage into a fighter, a fighter into a sage and probably my other sage into a thief. Warriors are slow anyway.

reb8
3 months ago#4
Ah, so the iOS version only has two wishes! Does it not have the other dungeon? I mean it wouldn't surprise me, just curious.

Yeah, the females have the better equipment options.

I loved the thief, and a sage turned thief would probably be even better. Thieves level a little faster than fighters, so that can be considered.

16 turns is good, was that your first, or just your last?

Does the iOS version have monster medals (bronze, silver, gold)?
If you want something different to happen, you may need to do something different ~ reb8
(edited 3 months ago)

Godric1696
3 months ago#5
reb8 posted...
Ah, so the iOS version only has two wishes! Does it not have the other dungeon? I mean it wouldn't surprise me, just curious.

Yeah, the females have the better equipment options.

I loved the thief, and a sage turned thief would probably be even better. Thieves level a little faster than fighters, so that can be considered.

16 turns is good, was that your first, or just your last?

Does the iOS version have monster medals (bronze, silver, gold)?

IOS eliminated monster medals, no dungeon beyond Xenlon. First was 26 cause I was testing ropes. Second was 16. Forgot to drink potion. Much less healing second time around.

Biggest flaw of iOS is they eliminated all Parchisi tracks. Was upset to stroll up to the first one and see it gone.

reb8
3 months ago#6
Godric1696 posted...
Forgot to drink potion.

There are potions?!

Godric1696 posted...
they eliminated all Parchisi tracks

I wonder if that was due to the level glitch.

Those give a nice bonus to the game. It is a distraction when you tire of leveling...and you can get some nice prizes on them.

A female thief gets the advantage of the higher equipment...although I didn't try to figure out if some of them are still available without Pachisi. There are a few pieces the thief can equip that a sage couldn't.

In the other topic, solo hero, I created a character for all the spells. I started them as dealer, then thief, then jester, then sage. It really wasn't too bad because level 20 for the first three only took a few hours.

Godric1696
3 months ago#7
reb8 posted...
Godric1696 posted...
Forgot to drink potion.

There are potions?!

Well the "potion" the old man has in a pot in his house bubbling

Godric1696 posted...
they eliminated all Parchisi tracks

I wonder if that was due to the level glitch.

Those give a nice bonus to the game. It is a distraction when you tire of leveling...and you can get some nice prizes on them.

A female thief gets the advantage of the higher equipment...although I didn't try to figure out if some of them are still available without Pachisi. There are a few pieces the thief can equip that a sage couldn't.

In the other topic, solo hero, I created a character for all the spells. I started them as dealer, then thief, then jester, then sage. It really wasn't too bad because level 20 for the first three only took a few hours.

Without the parchisi track you miss out on a lot of extra gear. It makes the game I suppose how it was meant to be. I wasn't looking to abuse the level glitch (you actually get worse rates on it) but just like to play collect extra gear on it and blow some time. But with only two wishes, revive Ortega and sexy book, I managed to get sexy on one character, the cleric in the beginning, I only needed one more sexy book for my second round of class changes but it seems that's unnecessary with how close the 15 turns came and no other content to go on to the Grand Dragon.

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
3 months ago#8
what are you doing here, godric?!

here i am trolling for answers on whether or not i should sell these books i'm finding scattered about and i find you playing the same game as me :P
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.

Godric1696
3 months ago#9
@zibba1331 posted...

here i am trolling for answers on whether or not i should sell these books i'm finding scattered about and i find you playing the same game as me :P

Pfft I beat the game. Was a nice throwback. What books you considering lol. Usually I just keep the wisdom book found in Mercado. They changed the personalities slightly from the old game too.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: zibba1331

zibba1331
3 months ago#10
@Godric1696 posted...
zibba1331 posted...

Pfft I beat the game. Was a nice throwback. What books you considering lol. Usually I just keep the wisdom book found in Mercado. They changed the personalities slightly from the old game too.

haha nice...i'm about to go into the pyramid. basically looking at selling all of them for the cash, i'm an all-female party with 3 vamps and 1 daredevil, so i don't want to make any adjustments anyway. eventually i probably want to change that daredevil to a vamp, but i'll worry about that later.
E's zicd rana cu E fuh'd kad vehat.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Changing Classes for the 2nd Time