• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Pachisi Questions about FAQs and other tidbits

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
7 years ago#1
Brian, I noticed in your FAQ, for the Romaly Pachisi, you have Steel Sword listed as 1500 for the cost in the shop, should be 1300.

Damn I wish I wrote out the other small tidbits and minor errors, but that's all I could recall up front.

Now, onto the main event:

Ashalam's pachisi track.

According to the Pachisi/Token Guide by Daydreamer, Ashalam has the following Treasures:
Strength Seed
Wooden Hat
Iron Claw
Token
Tiny Medal
Life Acorn

According to Brian's Walkthrough/FAQ:
Strength Seed
Wooden Hat
Iron Claw
Token
Tiny Medal
Fan

So, in Chest 2, is it a Fan or a Life Acorn? I would make a new game but I don't feel like spending the time when I'm embroiled in so many projects, but if I have to, I have to.

I'll relate all other quandaries, questions, and possible fixes for Brian (given you're the only active FAQ maker hanging out here, and let's face it, while Shadow makes a great FAQ, and shotgun's lists are the easiest to read, yours is the most accurate, has the most data, and is definitely the goto, but mostly because you're active here and I know you're paying attention).

behindtheword
7 years ago#2
Fudge it, I'll just restart my own game. Shouldn't take long to get there anyway.

I've decided I'm going to do a FAQ on just equipment and where to find it, and who can equip it, and all the details on reductions. Ya...I know, I have a bunch of other projects, but this is just about equipment, and frankly, as much as I love the FAQs for this game....this is the one area that's lacking hardcore when I really need some basic info. Plus I'm using it as a prototype for my DQ7 Equipment list, and a rehashed version of my DQ6 equipment FAQ, which frankly sucks in execution for the main list.

behindtheword
7 years ago#3
Oh right, another fix Brian. In your equipment listing for Chain Whip, it's attack power is 27, not 30.

Also Battle Axe you have listed as 31,000 in your equipment listing, should be 8700.

I think that was all I caught.

behindtheword
7 years ago#4
Oh, that reminds me, can anyone link me to the known Pachisi tile drops? I know there's a list somewhere.

I want to see if it's possible for a Rain Staff to be found.

That or, Sk8er, if you've concocted your own list to double check all pachisi tile drops, and chances ( I believe you did, but I don't recall in which thread this info is contained), can I use it with full credit?

behindtheword
7 years ago#5
I see what happened. You put Bastard Sword's 31000 in place of Battle Axe's 8700, and put the Bastard Sword as Found, hah. Right next to one another, easy thing to do. It's one thing about Text Based FAQ writing that drives me nuts...those little mistakes.

User Info: industrializeit

industrializeit
7 years ago#6
According to the Dragon Warrior III Wiki, chest # 2 is a Fan:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Dragon_Warrior_III/Pachisi_Track

And here is that link to Paulygon's Pachisi tile drop odds. It's post # 18:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/450388-dragon-warrior-iii/53836019
I personally like Link as a Rugged Shaman Swashbuckler more than Resourceful Gadget Boy. That's why Zelda II is one of my all time favorites, ...(see quote)

behindtheword
7 years ago#7
Thank you kindly Industrializeit.

User Info: Sk8erpunq

Sk8erpunq
7 years ago#8
That or, Sk8er, if you've concocted your own list to double check all pachisi tile drops, and chances ( I believe you did, but I don't recall in which thread this info is contained), can I use it with full credit?

Sure you can, ignasia. It's in post #9:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/450388-dragon-warrior-iii/67222648
Splendid! Great! Magnificent!
You are the hero among all heroes! You're the king of heroes!

behindtheword
7 years ago#9
Sk8erpunq posted...

Sure you can, ignasia. It's in post #9:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/450388-dragon-warrior-iii/67222648

Thanks buddy. Full Credits given of course.
I prefer my Jedi as wise warriors and mystical wielders of the energies that created the universe as opposed to Light Saber performance artists.

behindtheword
7 years ago#10
Hmm, do we know what the mechanics are for Excavate? What various items can be drawn up from the ground, and if this changes based on area, or simply the world (upper/lower) and possibly even dungeons?

I know you're busy with a lot of other searches and unlocks Sk8er, so no worries right now. Take your time. There's also the games on the list, life, hot chicks (I know Europe has them in droves...), family, food, and other things like prepping for Winter!

So I'll play around with this for awhile tonight, see what I come up with. If anyone knows a thread where this was already posted in, I would greatly appreciate if you could share that link.
I prefer my Jedi as wise warriors and mystical wielders of the energies that created the universe as opposed to Light Saber performance artists.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Pachisi Questions about FAQs and other tidbits
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A