• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Crazy EXP Growth.

User Info: mspoden2011

mspoden2011
10 years ago#1
I couldn't bring myself to call this a cheat, so I'm putting it up on the board. I was playing the game without gameshark, when I reached Pachisi. When my Str dropped 6 points on a ? I got frustrated and turned off the game, but before I did I found a Cheat book, which I gave to my thief to change her personality (of course a thief has to cheat). The next time I turned on the game...something odd happened. The King of Romaly claimed that my thief had an "undeterminable amount of experience," which had never happened to me in ANY dragon warrior game since I started playing them about 9 years ago. He also said her strength would be apparent in battle. I checked the total exp of all my characters: Hero: 917, Mage: 879, Fighter: 917, Thief: 1,311,799. My thief then grew from lvl 9 to lvl 47 in one battle. I have never heard of this happening before, so if anyone knows why this happened please respond.

User Info: lderivedx

lderivedx
10 years ago#2
There seems to be a bug in the game where, if you lose Str on a Pachisi track, you get an insane amount of experience on your next battle.

I've applied to have this put in the "Cheats and Codes" section, but the mods seem to think it too troublesome and the problem too trivial. Brian! Halp!
What do you mean you can't afford an Oaken Club? Get the hell out of my shop!

User Info: JoeNobody

JoeNobody
10 years ago#3
Not this again...We need to get that FAQ back up, Eye and Final.
(o-o-o)-(o-o-o)-(o-o-o)-(o-o-o)
The Bourgeoisie Train is in town! w00t!

User Info: chinesename

chinesename
10 years ago#4
TheFinalBattalion
can you tell me something about that Bug in detail ?how will it be incurred?

User Info: Eye_agree

Eye_agree
10 years ago#5

Play Pachisi. Land on a [?] or a [!]. Play for stats. Roll 1 to change STR. Roll 1 to change by one point. Roll 1 to reduce STR. Be rewarded for rolling 3 ones by getting monster level up. Get favorable/unfavorable stats based on personality/current stats/equips (IIRC).

Smack the living crap out of things several days (real time) earlier than you *should* be able to.

Some debate continues as to how you end at 45-55 or go all the way to 99, so make sure your Hero/ine has a personality that will learn all spells, or you won't get another chance. Same principle if your just going for the "all spells" character.

Off-topic: Any feedback on the Battles topic? Feel free to post there.

User Info: Waffle_Roffle_

Waffle_Roffle_
10 years ago#6
I have never heard of this happening before, so if anyone knows why this happened please respond.

TheFinalBattalion
can you tell me something about that Bug in detail ?how will it be incurred?

This is what is known as the Pachisi bug. It's famous. It appears to be a memory bug whereby some information regarding your stats is getting mixed up with your experience, causing an overflow operation. As we do not have access to the source code it is impossible to tell exactly what is going on, but that paints a pretty good picture. There appears to be some preferential treatment when losing strength, however some have claimed to have experienced this bug when losing points in other stats as well. Also, you can lose points in strength and not trigger the bug.

Mr. TheFinalBattalion, criticism of the mods is considered a TOS violation. Just letting you know dude. ;-)

User Info: lderivedx

lderivedx
10 years ago#7
I do not see that in the ToU.

I believe you pulled that out of your ass.

I've found the FAQ, but I REALLY need to edit it and I'm trying to get a hold of Brian to see if it would even be worth posting.
What do you mean you can't afford an Oaken Club? Get the hell out of my shop!

Waffle_Roffle_
10 years ago#8
I do not see that in the ToU.

I believe you pulled that out of your ***.

By way of full disclosure, I deleted your profanity from the quote. Mr. TheFinalBattalion, I did not say it is in the ToU. I said it is considered a TOS violation, which it is. That's a significant difference. Note that the categories are broad enough to encompass a wide range of despicable behaviors. As an example for you, note that every mod knows that a message in which one user informs another of his/her marking of a message (validly or not) can be deleted for trolling. Yet you do not find anything about this in the ToU. Hey man, I just wanted to let you know.

User Info: Eye_agree

Eye_agree
10 years ago#9

Harassment/Stalking/Privacy: Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the Service, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats, is strictly prohibited.

And this is inapplicable... how?

Waffle_Roffle_
10 years ago#10
First of all a single instance is sufficient. Nothing needs to be continual about it. But besides that, reporting that you marked a message is not a threat. It's either a statement of fact or a lie.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. Crazy EXP Growth.
  • Topic Archived