• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. OMG, What just happened?!!!

User Info: Moquihuix6

Moquihuix6
10 years ago#1
Something crazy just happened when I was playing this game (GBC version). I was playing a normal game of Traverler's Parchisi Board 3 with a LV 22 hero. I got into a battle on the board with Killer Ape's and I ended up killing over a dozen of them in the same battle because they kept calling for help. When the battle was over, my hero leveled up to 99! How did this happen? Has anyone heard of a glitch like this?

User Info: Alilatias

Alilatias
10 years ago#2
It happens, but it's not the most common thing in the world.

Most signs currently point to a strange glitch that happens when you get 1/1/1 rolls during a stat change in Pachisi, but there are others who say that they have never gotten such a roll and have triggered it anyways.

I must have triggered this at least three times, once with my Thief in my very first playthrough at the first track (which made me go 'WTF?!' when it happened), once with a Warrior, and another time with a Fighter that was already Level 90 and maxed most stats.

Why did I mention stats with the fighter? Well, the track level glitch tends to, uh... Let's say, screw over your character's stats in the long run, especially if triggered at an early level. Levels gained through this do not give stat boosts as high as when leveling normally.

Out of curiosity, can you post your Hero's stats? Heroes are probably the worst type of character to be affected by this glitch (mainly because they can't change classes to reset their level) as they have to rely on seeds in order to max some of his/her important stats.
"and im not a troll im human wtf u must be superstitous" - D_Fen_Door on the Dragon Quest IX boards

User Info: thunderbird006

thunderbird006
10 years ago#3
Well, u can always offset the stats w/ seeds, I guess. But it'll be awhile.
Remember my name and remember it well for I am Thunderbird006!For I will return again!

User Info: Moquihuix6

Moquihuix6
10 years ago#4
My hero's stats after the glitch are:
STR: 255
AGL: 141
VIT: 255
INT: 97
LUCK: 120
HP: 524
MP: 196

I made a seperate save file after this happened just in case this screwed me over in anyway, or if it made the game too easy.

User Info: the1337kid

the1337kid
10 years ago#5
Ouch, could be a LOT better on the AGI and especially the INT, that's probably going to hurt you a bit, but nothing you can't recover from.
*Is Dragon of Magic*

thunderbird006
10 years ago#6
Well, agility, luck and hps, and mp can thankfully be salvaged.
Remember my name and remember it well for I am Thunderbird006!For I will return again!

the1337kid
10 years ago#7
Seriously? MP is the hardest stat to salvage. There are only 2 monsters that drop the MysticNut or that you can steal it from. BaraEvil and Evilcloud. So good luck with that.
*Is Dragon of Magic*

thunderbird006
10 years ago#8
I said it CAN BE SALVAGED. I NEVER said IT WAS EASY.

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
10 years ago#9
Yeah, the glitch can really slight some of the stats as the auto-levelups come. It's quicker, yeah, but the player definitely pays the price later on. At least the others can transmigrate; Hero's outta luck for the most part.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

the1337kid
10 years ago#10
That's not such a bad thing though, I never use the Hero post-Zoma anyways.
*Is Dragon of Magic*
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Warrior III
  3. OMG, What just happened?!!!
  • Topic Archived