• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Herdy Gerdy
  3. Herdy Gerdy - just: no, not for me

User Info: greybeard

greybeard
9 years ago#1
This game has ben on my radar since 2002 as it was decently reviewed in some places early in the PS2's life.

Finally picked up a used copy for £1 (UK) last week and now wish I hadn't bothered.

Kids level story and script made worse by, mostly, amateur hour funny voice acting. Lip sync almost entirely absent too. Art design bland yellows, browns and oranges and the character models whilst reasonably well animated are ugly with faces strangely indistinct and pasty.

The gameplay so far is tedious - typical go fetch stuff familiar to most cartoony platformers, except this is not a platformer unfortunately. So it's just running around a moderately size fairly simple level having inane conversations with NPCs who explain the basic game controls to you as you go. Again, obviously aimed at kids.

Collectibles respawn when you've exited a level and since there is no reward until collect them all and you can't collect them without the right equipment or ability you may as well not bother until then.

Herding is the core of the game and although I'm certain that will get more challenging later I don't think I can be bothered. I'll give it another go tonight but I know I have some far better unplayed colourful cartoony games I could be doing instead.

Perhaps I've been spoiled over the years by the quality of Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Maximo 1 & 2, Rayman 2 & 3, Zelda and the under-rated Kameo. But even allowing for Herdy Gerdy's age it just comes over as a moderately interesting gameplay idea contained within an otherwise uninteresting vehicle.
  1. Boards
  2. Herdy Gerdy
  3. Herdy Gerdy - just: no, not for me
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A