• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Why is CSGO getting updates but TF2 isn't?

User Info: Simplexible

Simplexible
2 months ago#1
TF2 fans talk a lot about how TF2 is breaking records for players online and also making lots of money, but in reality, the last real update for TF2 was 4 years ago, Jungle Inferno. The game is also infested with bots that will pick Sniper and headshot you and bypass votes to kick them by teaming up with more bots.

Meanwhile since Jungle Inferno, CSGO has added at least 2 new game modes (Danger Zone and Retakes), tons of maps rotated in and out, virtually non-existant bot issue, and at least 3 extra maps added to Danger Zone (that I know of) and actual balance changes to the game.

Same company, same genre, almost the same engine, except one game is actually being worked on and the other isn't. Why is that?

User Info: Death Commander

Death Commander
1 month ago#2
you said it yourself, most "players" of tf2 are bots. counter strike is an actually popular video game
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
  1. Boards
  2. Team Fortress 2
  3. Why is CSGO getting updates but TF2 isn't?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A