• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. EVE Online
  3. How long has BoB/Kenzoku been gone?

User Info: musashi1600

musashi1600
12 years ago#1
I happened to look at the most recent automatic influence map, and it shows Goonswarm in all of Delve and Querious. Not surprising considering BoB was on the way out anyway, but when did this happen?
Tell Fate Yanagi no go cry,
And no go out with Mits Funai.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
12 years ago#2
It happened a month or two.

Basically someone managed to infiltrate BoB and dissolved the holding corp/alliance/whatever and then stole the name so they couldn't reform. If I remember the rumor mill correctly.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: musashi1600

musashi1600
12 years ago#3
I know they reformed under the name Kenzoku, but I'm wondering when Goonswarm took control of all of the two regions I mentioned.
Tell Fate Yanagi no go cry,
And no go out with Mits Funai.

User Info: Barrowhite

Barrowhite
12 years ago#4
3 things lead to BoB/KenZoku's fall. It all happened since early Feburary.

1. Haargoth Agamarr, a director of BoB defected to Goonswarm, as he left he stole about 20 of the BNC capital fleet and dissolved the BoB alliance, destroying their sov in all systems. As it was closed a corporation was created under the name "Band of Brothers" so BoB couldnt regain their name.

2. The next day BoB reformed under the name KenZoku, however they had lost all of their sov meaning their cynosural jammers wouldnt work for another month while the sov was brought back up again. Kenzoku had to go on the defence untill the cyno jammers were back online again, this would take a whole month, the first few days looked good, untill Waaga lost his mothership, which survived the entire Delve war 1 by warping to a gate, and Shrike lost another Titan in a routine capital jump which damaged the moral.

3. Still, KenZoku stood to lose about a thid of their space before the jammers came back online, where they could then push back against GS and re-conquer their space. It looked grim for the aggressors, but then KenZoku did something very stupid. After an operation, they warped their entire capital fleet and those of their allies (over 250 carriers and dreadnaughts) to a station and docked up, Goons caught wind of this and instantly started a 24/7 bubble-camp around where their capfleet were held. No attempts to break their hold were successful

With no capfleet KenZoku were defenceless and the rest of their space was torn down very quickly. However, a few days ago the station was taken back by KenZoku long enough to break out about a quarter of their capfleet, and we expect them to hold onto their last few systems tooth and nail.

User Info: pliskin33

pliskin33
12 years ago#5
For all the flak they got, I didn't hate BoB. To see them lose based on a gameplay mechanic technicality is a bit dump.
p_q I am the most fosiphicated. Two monoclometers. - Daniel_Hibiki

User Info: vonkaverpel

vonkaverpel
12 years ago#6
This happened Feb 4th. Their alliance bill was due Feb 6th. Within the first week as according to petitions it was clear that CCP is not going to reinstate their alliance ex-bob corps reformed Kenzoku alliance. Goons+friends took advantage of this situation and started fervently raiding Delve and other regions under hostile control.

User Info: Miki_Sayaka

Miki_Sayaka
12 years ago#7
I found this situation awesome. This and the GHSC incident are some of my favorite things about EVE.
Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz | 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM | ASUS P8P67 Evo | Corsair 850w | XFX Radeon 2x6870 Crossfire | 8TB HDD Space | Corsair H50 Cooler

User Info: vetren_999

vetren_999
12 years ago#8
So...who's top dog now? Goonswarm?

User Info: Barrowhite

Barrowhite
12 years ago#9
Goonswarm, AAA, CVA, PL and TCF are top dog at the moment,

User Info: gopher33

gopher33
12 years ago#10
pliskin as far as i know there was no technicality and the goons destroyed BoB through legit game mechanics. politics aside a game that allows that type of gameplay is great in my book. tons of political intrigue and suspense give everyone a good time.
This thing is like a mouse pissing on cotton with insane killing power. --anydrinkworks
  1. Boards
  2. EVE Online
  3. How long has BoB/Kenzoku been gone?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A