• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
  3. New play through, so many enemies??

User Info: Hexsas

Hexsas
7 months ago#1
I’m only lvl 1, trying to go deliver letter for the very first quest, and I’m greeted by 25 followers of Baa who kill me instantly. I try going instead to Golblinkeep, or by the port. Every where, dozens of enemies are spawning.

https://imgur.com/a/O0y1zhK

I don’t remember the game being like this? It’s been 20 years but I definitely remember this game being playable. I bought my new copy off of GOG if that makes a difference. My old disc from the 90’s will not install.

Am I doing something wrong?

User Info: aetherspoon

aetherspoon
7 months ago#2
That's fairly normal. Try casting the Air Magic spell "Wizard Eye" - I'm pretty sure you're just getting really close to multiple enemy mobs and just not noticing. Wizard Eye will make it a bit more obvious.
aetherspoon
Owner of #aspoonedroom, tech / sysadmin, and the one whose tech problems make mere mortals tremble.

User Info: Hexsas

Hexsas
7 months ago#3
I think I found a solution. I walked in the other direction, behind a hill, around the swarm and to the next town. Taught everyone Bow and bought bows. As long as I don’t get close to the enemies I seem to be able to kill them. Hopefully I’ll level up soon.

I’ll try casting Wizard’s Eye and see if that helps, thanks.

User Info: zz1000zz

zz1000zz
7 months ago#4
Everyone in your party should definitely have the Bow skill with bows equipped. Weak enemies like Followers of Baa are easy to deal with if you stay away from them. Shoot them with your bows, and when they start getting close back off/run away.

User Info: Geoff1000

Geoff1000
5 months ago#5
Or you can use the Stage Coach from the starting town to deliver the message, NO ENEMIES!!! :-)

User Info: FooFightersFan

FooFightersFan
4 months ago#6
I'm late to the party but yeah, there is a serious learning curve to this game at first. You can clear the first few areas fairly easily with bows equipped on everyone. You can really soften groups that don't have projectiles but drawing a few to aggro and taking out small groups at a time works well also.

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
1 month ago#7
FooFightersFan posted...
I'm late to the party but yeah, there is a serious learning curve to this game at first. You can clear the first few areas fairly easily with bows equipped on everyone. You can really soften groups that don't have projectiles but drawing a few to aggro and taking out small groups at a time works well also.
You're not late, a wizard arrives precisely at the time he means to.
...they went to great pains to capture Norman Reedus' face in Amazon Prime the game. ~ xSHEPHERDx, SW Jedi: Fallen Order
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
  3. New play through, so many enemies??
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A