• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
  3. So how were you supposed to solve the four-door puzzle in Temple of Baa?

User Info: Sunfire Phoenix

Sunfire Phoenix
7 years ago#1
*SPOILERS*

I've known the correct order for ages, but I've never been able to figure out WHY the order is North-East-South-West. I noticed that the plaques on the four doors are each made of a different material (North = Wooden, East = Silver, West = Lapis, South = Copper) which is obviously relevant, but I've never been able to figure out why that clues the correct order of the doors.

Anyone know how the puzzle is actually supposed to work?
Shashakiro on all other sites

User Info: WeirdoJoker

WeirdoJoker
7 years ago#2

Assuming you're talking about the Temple of Baa near Castle Ironfist ... the "thing" about the order of North East West South is that it's like an acrostic ... the first letter of each, in that order, spells "NEWS."

Sunfire Phoenix
7 years ago#3
That doesn't make sense unless the word NEWS is clued somewhere, since it has nothing to do with the text on the plaques. Otherwise, for example, there's no reason SEWN wouldn't be equally good, since that also spells a word.

WeirdoJoker
7 years ago#4

Whether it makes sense or not, and irrespective of the fact that TTBOMK the word "news" is not clued anywhere, that is the order in which the doors must be clicked.  I'll double-check it when I get there again (I just started another game), but I don't think the text of the plaques is relevant to this determination (though I don't know why not).

User Info: DuoCorn

DuoCorn
7 years ago#5
Yeah, basically I've always done through trial and error. I just played through there and there was no clue as to why you do it in that order. Granted, I always skipped over the big corner rooms so there might be something in there.

WeirdoJoker
7 years ago#6

There's nothing I'm aware of in the corner rooms.  I stopped doing them, as they just seem to be a waste of time to me.

Sunfire Phoenix
7 years ago#7
Oh, yeah, my mistake, I mis-typed; I was aware that the order was NEWS, seems I posted NESW instead.

Would be disappointing if there really was no clue that the order was NEWS (aside from trial and error)...oh well.
  1. Boards
  2. Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
  3. So how were you supposed to solve the four-door puzzle in Temple of Baa?
  • Topic Archived