• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Tennis
  3. Wow this game is great

User Info: Titanium_Salmon

Titanium_Salmon
6 months ago#1
The gameplay is fast and smooth, great graphics for gbc and the RPG mode and mini games plus the versus battles! Well worth the money on 3ds! 10/10 would recommend to anyone
An unlit candle frightens no monkeys...
- Official Baked Ziti of GameFAQS

User Info: OZ_Archangel

OZ_Archangel
6 months ago#2
yep played it on gbc decades ago and picked it up on the 3ds on sale love this game too. just forgot how to play it I never beat it but wondering what the best strategy to level up was as they go down over time.

Think I heard you need to level up 2 to max and ignore the other 2 boxes as zero. once the 2 are maxed out level up a 3rd and then rotate the levelling between the 3 when the stats go down and ignore the 4th box

Doing so Im focusing on serve and movement followed by control and ignoring the slice field
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_O__/ >> <o>\o/ "YES"."YES"

User Info: Titanium_Salmon

Titanium_Salmon
6 months ago#3
OZ_Archangel posted...
yep played it on gbc decades ago and picked it up on the 3ds on sale love this game too. just forgot how to play it I never beat it but wondering what the best strategy to level up was as they go down over time.

Think I heard you need to level up 2 to max and ignore the other 2 boxes as zero. once the 2 are maxed out level up a 3rd and then rotate the levelling between the 3 when the stats go down and ignore the 4th box

Doing so Im focusing on serve and movement followed by control and ignoring the slice field

Are you giving me tips or asking for them? What boxes and if you forgot how to play then how did you just have a complicated strategy you wrote down? Just curious
An unlit candle frightens no monkeys...
- Official Baked Ziti of GameFAQS

User Info: Jostin1

Jostin1
6 months ago#4
Just got this on 3DS too after having enjoyed Mario Tennis Aces on the Switch, and got curious about previous games in the series. For a GBC game, I have to agree that it's pretty solid. I'm enjoying the mechanics and the story mode is fun just for it's leveling up system alone. Glad there's a decent amount of different things to do. Probably going to get Power Tour after fully completing this. One complaint I have about this port tho is that you can't play the Transfer Pak exclusive content which is rather dissapointing.
Wish List: Warioware Gold, BIS Remake, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Megaman X Legacy Collection 1+2, Runner 3, Super Mario Party, and Mega Man 11.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Tennis
  3. Wow this game is great
  • Topic Archived